AniNate

08/09 WEEKEND: DP&W 53.8, IEWU 50, Borderlands 8.6 ​💣💣💣

Where the crawdads sing lost 26% on saturday and 13% on sunday.

It ends with us definitely has a younger audience could make It more frontloaded but at the same time i don't think it's like Twilight, a movie about teenagers. This has a cast of 30-40 years old actors so could attract a more mature female audience waiting for saturday and sunday to see It. 

I see It like a product in the middle between Twilight and where the crawdads sing. 

Edited by vale9001

15 minutes ago, Migs20242 said:

So it's not that far from Inside Out 2's third weekend and just behind where Jurassic World was at the same point.

I don't know if you smell that guys, but I sense a $650M run coming up for Deadpool and Wolverine. 

Let's F***ing Go!

• Astonished 7

Just now, Ryan C said:

So it's not that far from Inside Out 2's third weekend and just behind where Jurassic World was at the same point.

I don't know if you smell that guys, but I sense a $650M run coming up for Deadpool and Wolverine. 

Let's F***ing Go!

deadpool3-wolverine.gif

H Y P E

6 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Let's F***ing Go!

Its second weekdays have been way lower than Barbie and third weekend should be on pair with It (53M). Seems It starting to lose from that. I'm seeing It at 610-615M final. Not more than that.

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WorkingonaName said:

Even if Avatar wins in gross, Zootopia 2 is easily winning in admissions. Fwiw Inside Out 2 will finish at 60M admissions which is 25% ahead of Avatar 2's 48M admissions. Avatar 1 (74M) to Avatar 2 (48M) is actually a slightly bigger drop percentage wise than The Force Awakens (90M) to The Last Jedi (59M).

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Knock It Off 1

I’m not even an Avatar fan, but I find the admissions discourse so, so silly. Avatar 2 box office performance shut me up and I was one among several that trashed the cultural impact of that first film. I might not be a fan, but James Cameron’s Avatar has more than earned respect to its name. It’s one of the biggest franchises there is and Cameron is very much one of the masters of the craft. 

I’ve learned to not underestimate Avatar, it is unwise to do so.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 4