Krissykins

Weekend Thread August 23rd-25th

59 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

GOTG 1 dropped <1%

That’s pretty close to the average labor wknd drop for MCU but almost every other movie was waaaaaay smaller by then and some even received a degree of expansion.  I don’t think +5% would be like, completely shocking, but neither would -22 or something. Weekdays may help provide some clue— looking for about 1.8 Mon, but so far a common patterns has been to meet Monday targets but then miss on Wed/Th 

7 hours ago, AniNate said:

Seems this weekend's top 10 did come out ahead of last year but the overall weekend finished behind, which I guess speaks to how little interest the specialty options are drawing

I actually think they were pretty neck-and-neck, with this year's weekend slightly ahead. There are some numbers in ComScore that BOM for some reason isn't recording, including the $547,291 Trafalgar's "Seventeen Tour Follow Again to Cinemas" made over the weekend, the $1.5m Stree 2's second weekend made, the $532,450 that Fathom's Rear Window event generated, and the $47,917 that Ryan's World's second weekend pulled in. Plugging that in gets this weekend to $91,536,623 while the 34th weekend of 2023 should be $91,552,581 if Mastaney's $649,399 is included that BOM also overlooked.

200% Wolf came out this weekend from Viva in quite a few hundred theaters. Viva's usually pretty consistent at reporting numbers, so I wouldn't be surprised if that shows up later and gives it well over the last ~$16k or so to push this year over last year.

Edited by misterpepp
  • Like 1