AniNate

JUICY WEEKEND - BJBJ releases with $111M (DHD)

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

When are we going to reach 20 $600M+ DOM movies? We currently have 16

2027 i think with the two Avengers , avatar and one of animated movies shrek or zootopia 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Joker, Venom, Moana, Mufasa could all still do 100M+ OW DOM in 2024, no? Not saying all are locked but all could potentially open over 100M DOM.

Actually, wait Moana has a good chance if it’s aiming for 350m+ as it would need to have a 100m+ three day so scratch my previous remarks. So yeah, Joker then Moana then Michael.

16 minutes ago, Selma said:

2027 i think with the two Avengers , avatar and one of animated movies shrek or zootopia 

I’ll take 2026 with:

Fire and ash

doomsday

animated sequel

wildcard  

although I kinda hope doomsday gets pushed to 27 in which case 26 would be tougher (but doable)

Edited by Cooper Legion

Hey while we’re discussing 100M openers, never too early to predict the ones for 2025.

Right now I got Michael, Zootopia and Avatar for three day. Not fully sold on Superman yet but I think the pieces are there, just depends on how the first trailer is received.

Jurassic World should do it over the five day opening.

Obviously Minecraft is very much not for me, but it seems based on Twitter that the people who were supposed to like it didn't either, and not even for the typical "it included a rap song or black person in the trailer" reasons either.

I think Moana is very possibly doing 500m+ total, but I really just don't know how much demand it blows off on the Wednesday and Thursday. Frozen 2 did "only" 130 from a true Friday to Sunday, so it could be real tough.

By Sep 2024 we have six $600M+ DOM grossers in the 2020s. In comparison, by Sep 2014, there was only one $600M+ DOM grosser in the 2010s (The Avengers). 

2010s had eight $600M+ DOM grossers (Avengers 2012, Jurassic World, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Black Panther, Infinity War, Incredibles 2, Endgame). 2020s might double that.

26 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Moana 2 could get close to $150M for the 3-day. 

No way. Not with the 5 day weekend money being spread out. Black Friday would have to do 55+ since Saturday would be flat or down and by sunday people would be back to work and school mood if it followed a normal thanksgiving weekend pattern. 

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

By Sep 2024 we have six $600M+ DOM grossers in the 2020s. In comparison, by Sep 2014, there was only one $600M+ DOM grosser in the 2010s (The Avengers). 

2010s had eight $600M+ DOM grossers (Avengers 2012, Jurassic World, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Black Panther, Infinity War, Incredibles 2, Endgame). 2020s might double that.

I’ll take the over on double. Will be even easier by the back half of the decade

13 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Hey while we’re discussing 100M openers, never too early to predict the ones for 2025.

Right now I got Michael, Zootopia and Avatar for three day. Not fully sold on Superman yet but I think the pieces are there, just depends on how the first trailer is received.

Cap4 (praying)  

Thunderbolts

Superman

TFF:FS

Zootopia

3 minutes ago, Cooper Legion said:

I’ll take the over on double. Will be even easier by the back half of the decade

What post-Fire and Ash (but still 2020s) movies have $600M potential? Avengers 5, Shrek 5, Avengers 6, Mario 2, Incredibles 3, Avatar 4, maybe Spider-Man 4? What else?

1 minute ago, Cooper Legion said:

Cap4 (praying)  

Thunderbolts

Superman

TFF:FS

Zootopia

I think Jurassic are more likely than any of the superhero flicks. But Superman and F4 are good candidates aswell 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Minecraft 

Michael

F1 (I think this is being underestimated)

Jurassic World

Superman

Fantastic Four

Zootopia 2