kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [September 09 - 12, 2024] | Thursday | 4.86M BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE

4 hours ago, AniNate said:

It's a much bigger jump than even the more obvious September family movies though. I do suspect debate avoidance desire was a factor.

Can confirm I went to go see Beetlejuice again last night entirely to get away from the debate, lol (I'm glad it seemed to go well though).

Good jump for Beetlejuice. You know what’s odd? It’s playing heavily family just like Alice in Wonderland in March 2010. It even opened extremely close to Alice (111 vs 116), and had an identical Tuesday despite a harsh Monday drop. I think if it over performs this weekend we could see a 340-355m DOM final run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

Good jump for Beetlejuice. You know what’s odd? It’s playing heavily family just like Alice in Wonderland in March 2010. It even opened extremely close to Alice (111 vs 116), and had an identical Tuesday despite a harsh Monday drop. I think if it over performs this weekend we could see a 340-355m DOM final run.

It should play well throughout October too, depending on screen losses. I'm waiting until the first weekend of October to officially put me in the Halloween mood.

On 9/10/2024 at 5:49 PM, Bob Train said:

Toy Story 4 made $32k on this day in 2019. It added another $2.15m after that. That would put IO2 at $654.1m

Toy Story 4 didn't have to deal with a Disney+ release on September 25th, which is what is happening for Inside Out 2.

I’m not sure why anyone is surprised. This is clearly playing like a family movie, which means big Tuesday increases, weak Mon, Wed, and Thurs, and strong weekends. Let’s see if this weekend matches the pattern for a family movie. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Toy Story 4 didn't have to deal with a Disney+ release on September 25th, which is what is happening for Inside Out 2.

Im not sure it would matter at that point. Thats only a few days before the Wild Robot and Transformers One would have already been out for a week or two 

On 9/10/2024 at 10:14 PM, wattage said:

Still hoping Inside Out gets a Wish/Dial of Destiny length of time off of D+. 4.5-5 months after theatrical would put it on D+ right around Moana's release date and let it crawl along and make a bit of money through the weeks. 

Are dollar theaters still around these days?  Do they still provide a late run bump?