Eric Quinn

Joker: Folie a Deux (2024) Spoiler Thread

Joker: Folie a Deux (2024)  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

In my fantasy writing for a sequel, I always brainstormed a random guy becoming a copycat to Arthur's Joker. The film follows him transforming into his own Joker, committing an even worse act than Arthur to land himself in Arkham. Third act is him trying to team up with Arthur only to learn Arthur is disgusted someone would try to copy him. Then Arthur kills him, utilizing the chaos to escape and stealing the copycat ideas to become a more comic accurate Joker. 

Essentially I'm trying to say Folie A Deux's ending is the opposite of this and it sucks lol. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

In my fantasy writing for a sequel, I always brainstormed a random guy becoming a copycat to Arthur's Joker. The film follows him transforming into his own Joker, committing an even worse act than Arthur to land himself in Arkham. Third act is him trying to team up with Arthur only to learn Arthur is disgusted someone would try to copy him. Then Arthur kills him, utilizing the chaos to escape and stealing the copycat ideas to become a more comic accurate Joker. 

Essentially I'm trying to say Folie A Deux's ending is the opposite of this and it sucks lol. 

I think the problem is trying to turn Fleck joker into the classic DV Joker period.

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the problem is trying to turn Fleck joker into the classic DV Joker period.

I think it could've worked. I think it would've worked better if he was free from a potential Batman. A Joker without a dance partner. An empty nihilist looking to burn Gotham to the point where nothing could rise from the ashes. 

7 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Ending sounds sick as fuck, hype back on.

I'm still not reading anything that bothered me, so I'm curious. I don't know if people overreacted or misinterpreted it since they are still talking about "Arthur is not the Joker!" and Ledger's Joker origin which doesn't make sense at all because we see Harvey there lol

Edited by belblazer

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I'm still not reading anything that bothered me, so I'm curious. I don't know if people overreacted or misinterpreted it since they are still talking about "Arthur is not the Joker!" and Ledger's Joker origin which doesn't make sense at all because we see Harvey there lol

I don't get the "Arthur isnt the real Joker" critique. the Joker is a fictional character, none of them are real.   

4 hours ago, cptkillianswan said:

It's like Todd Phillips made a sequel with the sole purpose of punishing the people that wanted a sequel. 

While I think he thinks the film and ending is clever it just feels like a giant middle finger to everyone that made the first film climb to a billion dollars.

If that is true, then Phillipa is gonna have one hell of a time get his next film greenlit.

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If that is true, then Phillipa is gonna have one hell of a time get his next film greenlit.

At Warner Bros maybe, I can imagine Zaslav is gonna be angry. But at any other studio I think it won't be a problem, depending on the project of course.

3 minutes ago, Firepower said:

At Warner Bros maybe, I can imagine Zaslav is gonna be angry. But at any other studio I think it won't be a problem, depending on the project of course.

No one will want to risk money with a director who blew  200 Million just t give the finger to audiences.

I don't think Philips did that. i think this was a"honest" bomb. He really though he could pull this off.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

No one will want to risk money with a director who blew  200 Million just t give the finger to audiences.

Ridley Scott does this every Tuesday and still gets 200+ Million budgets like nothing happened, with 5 or 6 huge flops in a row (and many more before that). I know he's an anomaly and anyone else would be in director's jail after 1 or 2 flops like this, but one flop won't kill your career if you have a track record. Most Phillips' movies made money, some of them were the highest grossing R rated movies at the time (I'm pretty sure The Hangover 2 is still the highest grossing traditional comedy), so he should be fine for now, maybe not at Warner Bros, but someone will offer him a gig.

• Like 1