Grand Cine

Weekdays (14-17th October) - BeetleJuice 2 : 1,27M ; Joker 2 : 930K ; TWR- 3,5M ; Terrifier 3 : 2,5M

8 minutes ago, filmpalace said:

I’m assuming Tuesday numbers will be lower than Monday’s, due to the holiday?

Yes, looking over past years most movies fall on Tuesday with very few exceptions here and there.

1.5 mill tomorrow for Wild Robot is the hope and Terrifier I have no idea. 2 million maybe? It's such an odd case I don't know what the fan rush will be for the first discount Tuesday or how much of a bump it got from the holiday on either Sunday or Monday. 

Shocked TWR managed to win against Terrifier on Mon. Great WOM must be kicking in.

But at this point it doesn't matter because Terrifier is already profitable after its first 2 days.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Shocked TWR managed to win against Terrifier on Mon. Great WOM must be kicking in.

But at this point it doesn't matter because Terrifier is already profitable after its first 2 days.

It's a holiday where mostly kids were the ones on break so it benefit the most. Wouldn't say this is a weeks late WOM thing, though it being the most popular and well received family option definitely helps. 

31 minutes ago, wattage said:

1.5 mill tomorrow for Wild Robot is the hope and Terrifier I have no idea. 2 million maybe? It's such an odd case I don't know what the fan rush will be for the first discount Tuesday or how much of a bump it got from the holiday on either Sunday or Monday. 

TikToks about Terrifier are still being posted daily and raking in millions of likes. I wouldn't be surprised if its legs are quite solid.

2 minutes ago, filmpalace said:

TikToks about Terrifier are still being posted daily and raking in millions of likes. I wouldn't be surprised if its legs are quite solid.

Lots of people learned of Terrifier for the first time with 3. Many are checking out the first 2 movies before seeing 3.

Crazy how popular the ultra violent franchise has gotten. It started out with unknown 1st film to getting near the edges of mainstream with 3 if not reaching it. Would not have happened if 2 wasn't so good.

5 minutes ago, filmpalace said:

Not really thinking about the legs right now, when the weekend hits ill probably start making predictions on it being leggy or not. I'm just trying to gauge what Tuesday is gonna look like when we have a holiday impacted Sunday and Monday in the picture + the fan aspect. I don't know if we'll be looking at a flat Tuesday or something. It's just a weird spot right now. 

• Like 1

The week Venom comes out will probably be the big test of just how far TWR's legs can carry it. It probably won't be holding on to much PLF then and that was also the point when Cloudy's legs started to falter with Where the Wild Things Are opening as new competition.

A nice holiday bump for TWR, at least this pace well to beat Migration in the end for 135m finish. It is a win but sadly for a top-tier quality of Dreamworks original, TWR still likely fall behind its lesser peers like Home (177m), Boss Baby (175m), the Croods (187m), Trolls (153m). 

I'm not giving up on my $200mil club until it's officially dead but I do think the post-Katzenberg era of Dreamworks ought to be graded on a different curve. They've had a lot of internal tumult and have basically had to rebuild their brand almost from scratch. They have been keeping their budgets lower recently and this is more than likely doing well enough to launch a new franchise, and future installments could potentially gross a lot more with bigger marketing budgets and established goodwill

Edited by AniNate