baumer

Results and Standings (Fake increases lead, Cedar jumps, 24lost solidifies)

This was a harder week indeed. I did a lot of guessing with the indie films.

Well some of those were not too hard.Like how is Pirhanna 3DD gonna open to 2.5m in 86 theaters? That's a $29,000 PTA. Intocuhables had $25k PTA on only 4 theaters for comparison.Likewise For Greater Good might have a tough time reaching $4,500 PTA with a near wide release (757 theaters), though I could be wrong. I just haven't seen any ads for it.The Battlefield Movie is tough for me. I said YES, I've seen some marketing/trailers for it needs roughly $2,600 PTA to hit 500k and I'd say that's doable.

Very tricky week this one, Nikki's estimates have a $0.2m difference between 4th and 7th and no details about the smaller openers. Hopefully the official estimates tomorrow clarify things.

• Founder / Operator

Gotcha:1) NO2) NO3) NO4) NO5) YES6) YES7) NO8) NO9) YES10) YES11) YES 400012) YES13) YES14) YES15) NO16) NO17) NO18) YES19) NO 300020) NO

These are the answers from page 1 to Week 1's questions, except shouldn't #13 be "NO"? Avengers didn't open in Japan yet, so it couldn't have opened to $15 million as the question asks. Edited by ShawnMR

• Founder / Operator

That was changed to Russia.

Not in the copy of questions I had/have. As long as those that answered based on the Japan scenario are rewarded though, it shouldn't be a problem. Edited by ShawnMR

• Founder / Operator

Yea, I found that post too. But it still came after the questions were already posted on the 27th, so the Japan scenario needs to be awarded as well (especially since there are precedents in previous years for trick questions like that).

Sorry Shawn, I can't give you points for that. Everyone has to stay current with the thread and I gave you guys plenty of time to change that answer. i can't pm all 50 players and tell them of the change.

hehe.... looking at previous Sundays though I think it should pull off sub-40% drop.BTW how are you altering the point structure for the Top-7 (now Top-6) OW? Previously there were bonuses for 5/7 correct and 7/7 correct. Now bonuses for 4/6 and 6/6 correct maybe (with less points)?