Water Bottle

CAYOM Magazine

Spaghetti, The Eraseables (or Hand-Drawn Heroes) is my most anticipated film of Y8.

Theaters across the country will explode. Both young children, their parents, and old people will arrive to see this mash-up. Theater management will be unable to manage all the ticket buying, all the filled theaters...

In other words, $100M opening weekend baby  :D  :P

:circles:

• Like 1

BLANKMENTS PRODUCTIONS PUTS NEW ROGER RABBIT FILM INTO DEVELOPMENT

The rumors are true: Blankments Productions has bought the rights to Roger Rabbit, and is putting a new film into production.

Edward Nadny had this to say: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit? is one of my favorite movies of all time, and the fact that I have the privilege to produce another adventure with Roger, Baby Herman, Jessica Rabbit, and the gang is making my inner animation geek scream with delight."

The film, currently untitled, will be directed by Robert Zemeckis. A screen outline is written, but Blankments is currently looking for the best writer for the job. Original screenwriters Jeffrey Price and Peter S. Seaman have put their name in the hat, but Zemeckis and Nadny are reportedly also looking at current big writers such as Michael Ardnt, Nicholas Stoller, and even John Logan.

The film is rumored to take place in the late 1990s, and deal with the rise of CGI animation and a major mystery in Toontown and Hollywood. More details as it develops.

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness

Funny enough, the other day I was at an old cinema site to visit my projectionist friend and he told me that they found the original film reel of Roger Rabbit in the old stock room. I can take it home anytime I want it. I only need to invest in a projector at home lol

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines
  • Like 1

The Terrible Plight Of Freddy Zapper Coming This September

Hourglass Pictures has recently announced this new film for September, a throwback to 50s B-movies and young romance. The film follows Freddy Zapper, a young teenage alien who looks like a human, who goes to a high school in 1950s New England. He soon falls for a beautiful Earth girl, but he must also find a way to stop his evil ex-girlfriend from his home planet from destroying the universe. With the help of his alien and monster friends, Freddy must take a journey of love, monsters, rock-&-roll, insane battles, and even musical numbers.

The film will be Directed by James Bobin, with songs written by Bret McKenzie. The current cast includes Ezra Miller, David Tennant, Brie Larson, Emma Stone, Mae Whitman, Anton Yelchin, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and more.

WITCH HUNT Coming This October!

Blankments Productions announced a new, prestigious film today. David Fincher directs Witch Hunt, a tale of unwarranted paranoia, or rather, three tales of unwarranted paranoia. The film, follows three times in history where "witch hunts" occured. The first tale is about a woman whose elderly father is accused of being a witch during the Salem Witch Trials, the second tale is the rise and fall of Joseph McCarthy, the third tale is about a principal and an assistant-principal dealing with an anonymous tip of a future school shooting.

All the stories are interconnected, thanks to a script by Steven Zaillian. The film will be scored by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross. It will have an ensemble cast of Amy Adams, Tom Hanks, Joaquin Phoenix, Bryan Cranston, Jeremy Irons, and Halle Berry. Edward Nadny had the following to say: "We're pleased to be working with David Fincher on this phenomenal idea, which will likely be one of the most spanning films in our studio's history."

These really won't be interwoven that much. Essentially it's three stories with similar themes that I want to do as films, so I might as well do it as one film total. The third story is actually based on something in my personal life; the week before Christmas break, someone dropped an anonymous tip at our school about a shooting at a pep rally. The shooting never occured (THANK GOD), but the paranoia and fear running through out the entire school made a bizarre pre-break atmosphere. I want to put that experience in film.

Besides, if it flops, I'm fine; I still have TMF for Oscar hopes. :P

These really won't be interwoven that much. Essentially it's three stories with similar themes that I want to do as films, so I might as well do it as one film total. The third story is actually based on something in my personal life; the week before Christmas break, someone dropped an anonymous tip at our school about a shooting at a pep rally. The shooting never occured (THANK GOD), but the paranoia and fear running through out the entire school made a bizarre pre-break atmosphere. I want to put that experience in film.

Unfortunately, the whole "connected stories" thing was tried with for The Academy...

And look how that turned out :rofl:

From what I heard about Academy though, it's based off a fictional drug and the effects it has on people who take it. My film is just about paranoia and "witch hunts." Don't knock the film until you read it. :P

From what I heard about Academy though, it's based off a fictional drug and the effects it has on people who take it. My film is just about paranoia and "witch hunts." Don't knock the film until you read it. :P

Ok.

The Salem Witch trials and McCarthyism are played out, using them to fill in most of a film is incredibly unsubtle (especially since the most famous account of the Salem trials, The Crucible, is a direct metaphor for McCarthyism).

Far better to just use the modern story since you have free reign rather than spending 2/3 rehashing old ground to make a point people know already.

Edited by 4815162342