Impact

2011 Best Actor Predictions

I'm sticking with my five of Pitt, Clooney, Dujardin, Fassbender, and Oldman for now. I'll be keeping every single finger and toe crossed that Michael Shannon gets in. He gave the year's truly best performance.

Edited by RichWS

What I have in the Oscar game, tell me how it looks:Actor:Brad Pitt for MoneyballGeorge Clooney for The DescendentsLeonardo DiCaprio for J. EdgarJean Dujardin for The ArtistGary Oldman for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, SpyAlt: Michael Fassbender for Shame

Fassbender > Pitt > ClooneyIMO.I'd like to see Pitt take it though. It's hard to compare them because Fassbender had a more layered, dramatic role. Pitt's was just a consistently very good performance. No wailing needed, he went in there and got the job done with subtlety and charisma. The guy has been so solid for years now. He picks great projects every time and always delivers. He's due, and who knows when his next chance might come up (maybe he will knock it out in that gangster movie he filmed?).Clooney was fine and for once I didn't completely feel like I was watching him play himself, but I still don't see it as something worthy of an Oscar win.