CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

TA has reach an epic level of success. It is set to become the biggest hit since Avatar even globally.One thing is funny, is that the action takes place in NYC and me and my friends got into an argument over whether Spider Man would have done lol...Yeah Impact it should pass 400 million by next Friday and maybe Thursday.Should cross 500 million by the end of Memorial day.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Yep. Now I can see why some might think it will pass Avatar (even if I know it wont) as people will say this whenever a film does amazing numbers.I remember all over the net people were saying Spidey was going to sink the ship. (Even more funny-I read The Grinch was going to sink it!)

I really don't think you have a grasp of what THE AVENGERS is and how it's growing to have a real chance of achieving that. I live here in Brazil and I haven't seen anything quite like that since ever. I was around when SPIDER-MAN came along and I didn't thought that It had a chance against TITANIC. Compare with AVATAR catharsys two years and something ago. Have the figure in your mind? It's huger than that. Will it beat AVATAR? I don't know, possibly it won't. But I wouldn't bet against it.

^It was crazy in the US.I also read people thought Matrix 2 was going to beat Titanic, same of course with TPM.I also thought for the longest time Jurassic Park was the biggest film ever...

I wonder what Saturday will be.I think based on the fact it got 29 million with no real day business.So it should do 29 million + day business (10 am - 6pm) + more epic night time business compared to Friday should giveTA around a 42-46 million Saturday.

I want it to make 46.3M and see Variety say that it might not make the 100K+ on Sunday necessary to beat out Avatar's second weekend gross.

Combined that would be beating Avatars 2nd weekend. :lol:

I wonder what Saturday will be.I think based on the fact it got 29 million with no real day business.So it should do 29 million + day business (10 am - 6pm) + more epic night time business compared to Friday should giveTA around a 42-46 million Saturday.

42-46 M, if it really did as well as I though it did, and will do throughout the night is looking a bit on the low side, I'd say 46-51M is where it'll land.

Spider Man 3 Emo scene was infamous...

Spidey is going bad, so we think he will go on a rampage.

He does to a bar and acts like a douchebag.

:D

Superman went Emo too:

Supes is going bad, so we think he will go on a rampage.

He goes to a bar and acts like a douchebag.

Posted Image

Posted Image

:P

• Like 1