Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Damn dude. Do some research. Avatar isn't #1. It's not #2. It's #5. It couldn't pass either of the first two Harry Potters.

02 ¥26.20 billion - Titanic (1997)03 ¥20.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)04 ¥19.85 billion - Frozen (2014) [73 days in release]08 ¥17.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)09 ¥15.60 billion - Avatar (2009) 

Edit: and even with the DVD release, Frozen is extremely likely to outgross Titanic. Avatar 2 isn't going to come close to those numbers.

Well  I knew it was in the top 10.. Frozen proably wont be beating Titanic.. Sorry and adjusted its a different story  Damien :-P Avatar 2 will easily make more in Japan.. You should do some research on how high Japan loves that film.

I never said Avatar was number 1 in Japan... I did think Avatar was higher than frozen though. my bad.. Titanic will stay put.. Sorry :P Both James Cameron films..

Frozen was also in more theaters thn Avatar... So talking about calling the kettle black Damien lol.. You think this matters not.

Avatar 2 will be in more theaters or just as must as Frozen... And is one of the most talked about films in forums in Japan on american films...Are you sure about that LOL ;)

Everyone that worked on creating Frozen like the directors, writers and animators deserve a ton of praise.

It's the people working at Disney that did all the crappy trailers, and the big shots that decide on the early dvd release date that deserve to be beheaded. :angry:

You should be happy it rose so high mojo guy... I guess you wanted it to go even further past IM 3 :D

Robbin Willams Genie is one of most highly regarding voice performances for a character Disney or otherwise of all time.. That was a tour de force!.. :) Glad you iked it more than Frozen guy. :)

I hooked up w a cali chick half my age a few years back. I generally dont watch toons, but we popped some shrooms and watched Aladdin. OMG! Watching Robin williams as the genie while on shrooms, I highly recommend it. Edited by T E Lawrence
  • Like 1

yea avatar had much lower attendance due to 3d admissions. I thought frozen would get to 26.2b by july 16 but w knowledge of impending release the bo may fade too fast. I need to call bob iger up. Anyone have his number?

Lol TE our Frozen fan forgot that... Now that Japan has the theatersto show Avatar 2 all over the place.. I think we will surpass Frozen quickly. I love how folks tell you to check facts and dont fact check things themselves. James and Fox didnt want the film shown in any theaters that couldnt show Avatar in the best way possible in Japan and yep the result is far smaller screens in Japan.

Now that Japan has the 3D and 4k  theater chains galore, hmm I think a betting man will state damien's statement will burn like Frozen chances to beat Titanic come 2016.. And you best believe  I will be posting the new records wrought by Juggernaut 2016.

I hooked up w a cali chick half my age a few years back. I generally dont watch toons, but we popped some shrooms and watched Aladdin. OMG! Watching Robin williams as the genie while on shrooms, I highly recommend it.

Hah hah, disney screwed him believe it or not on side deals, ended up having t ogive hims some millions and piscasso for him to do the Genie role. As the Home Simpson Danny Something sucked as the genie..lol...Talk about Robin making boss moves. I neve understood why disney dont want to pay their talent right. If they had  made Kassenberg President, the company would have been even bigger and shrek likely would have been owned by them.  Jefferey Kassenberg was the guy who helped bring about the disney legendary years of  Mermaid, Aladdin, TLK and more :)

Well  I knew it was in the top 10.. Frozen proably wont be beating Titanic.. Sorry and adjusted its a different story  Damien :-P Avatar 2 will easily make more in Japan.. You should do some research on how high Japan loves that film.

I never said Avatar was number 1 in Japan... I did think Avatar was higher than frozen though. my bad.. Titanic will stay put.. Sorry :P Both James Cameron films..

Frozen was also in more theaters thn Avatar... So talking about calling the kettle black Damien lol.. You think this matters not.

Avatar 2 will be in more theaters or just as must as Frozen... And is one of the most talked about films in forums in Japan on american films...Are you sure about that LOL ;)

Adjusted it's the same story:

01 :: 23.50 million - Spirited Away (2001)02 :: 19.50 million - Tokyo Olympiad (1965)03 :: 16.83 million - Titanic (1997)04 :: 16.20 million - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)05 :: 15.59 million - Frozen (2014) [73 days in release]06 :: 15.50 million - Howl's Moving Castle (2004)07 :: 14.20 million - Princess Mononoke (1997)08 :: 14.00 million - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)09 :: 13.00 million - Emperor Meiji and the Great Russo-Japanese War (1958)10 :: 12.87 million - Ponyo (2008)11 :: 12.60 million - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge! (2003)12 :: 12.55 million - Godzilla vs. King Kong (1962)13 :: 12.10 million - The Last Samurai (2003)14 :: 11.00 million - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)15 :: 10.69 million - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)16 :: 10.10 million - Avatar (2009)

Frozen has destroyed Avatar's attendance, it will beat Titanic in the next few weeks, and will probably finish up somewhere between 17 and 18 million, quite firmly in the #3 slot.

Japanese ticket prices are extremely stable. Prior to this year, there hadn't been an increase since the early 90s, which means that the top films in that time are the same, actual or adjusted.

As far as dollars go, Frozen will end up the highest grossing film of all time in Japan.

• Like 2

My problem is that Disney saw how great Frozen's legs were in the US, but didn't adjust according with Japan's video release. There is such thing as being caught off guard by a film's success, and there is just being a moron by not delaying a video release. :wacko:

Frozen WILL beat Titanic. It will be averaging at least $11M until its DVD release (thanks to T E Lawrence, we retain minute hopes that it will be delayed). There are 7 weeks left until the DVD release so 194 + 11 x 7 = $271M. That means $45M left to reach SA. If the average I predict is true, then there is still hope. But even if not, Titanic is going down.

Edited by Quigley

Frozen WILL beat Titanic. It will be averaging at least $11M until its DVD release (thanks to T E Lawrence, we retain minute hopes that it will be delayed). There are 7 weeks left until the DVD release so 194 + 11 x 7 = $271M. That means $45M left to reach SA. If the average I predict is true, then there is still hope. But even if not, Titanic is going down.

Yeah but it could be so much more. Asinine move by Disney, it really could approach 350M+ but now it'll be lucky to beat titanic in Yen.  

This isn't even about beating Titanic or Spirited Away. I would have LESS of a problem with the movie not beating those movies if it had the common 9 month run in theaters.

It's all about Disney cutting off Frozen's legs with the early video release, and not giving the movie its best chance at the boxoffice. Frozen is getting screwed over. :(

take 5 min and write them. Maybe we'll catch someone with a desire to climb the ladder and take action. You enjoy tracking and rooting for this run. Whats 5 min. Everyone write them and let em know how much they're going to lose.The investor email was useless. I sent a message to corporate.http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/corporate-communications Edited by T E Lawrence

This isn't even about beating Titanic or Spirited Away. I would have LESS of a problem with the movie not beating those movies if it had the common 9 month run in theaters.

It's all about Disney cutting off Frozen's legs with the early video release, and not giving the movie its best chance at the boxoffice. Frozen is getting screwed over. :(

It lost 15-20M domestic and could have possibly beaten CF so yeah, milestones do matter. Lets say if it was crawling by the DVD release most here wouldn't care but the way it's going it could potentially miss out on many milestones. 

Ex. TA OS, DH2 WW, DH2 OS, SA yen total, possible Titanic in Yen and maybe even 1B OS.  :rolleyes:  :angry:

It lost 15-20M domestic and could have possibly beaten CF so yeah, milestones do matter. Lets say if it was crawling by the DVD release most here wouldn't care but the way it's going it could potentially miss out on many milestones. 

Ex. TA OS, DH2 WW, DH2 OS, SA yen total, possible Titanic in Yen and maybe even 1B OS.  :rolleyes:  :angry:

The early dvd release date in US was also idiotic move by Disney. Hell, ANNOUNCING the release date in January was stupid as hell. I bet some people decided not to go see the movie in theaters after hearing when it would come out on video. :rolleyes:

Left the forum for a couple of hours and came back seeing all of this hostility.

Why is that guy talking about a movie that was released 5 years ago and it's sequel that will come in 3 or 4 years ? Nobody here even mentioned it recently.

• Like 2

Left the forum for a couple of hours and came back seeing all of this hostility.Why is that guy talking about a movie that was released 5 years ago and it's sequel that will come in 3 or 4 years ? Nobody here even mentioned it recently.

people are happy or pissed about the dvd release and its soon to be shortened bo run