Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Your argument doesn't work. Plenty of great American movies flop in Japan. Too many in fact.

My argument is that Tom cruise is a big draw in Japan but he wasn't the main reason why the last samurai was successful there. Many tom cruise films did poorly in Japan but if Tom cruise was such a one man show, he should have saved the films he starred in from bombing. Ultimately, if a film is crap it's hard for it to do well.

Such a perfect syntax! Looks like another drop around 30%. Decreases seem steady and the alternance between great holds and average drops is nowhere to be seen. Everyone with a decent knowledge of box office can do a 2+2. If actuals remain around 3M, then the idea of the dvd announcement not being a major factor in Frozen's weakening won't be legitimate anymore.

yup. Tell it to the morons

[順位] [販売数] [映画作品タイトル名]
 *1 **8122 アナと雪の女王
 *2 **4829 超高速!参勤交代
 *3 **3139 春を背負って
 *4 **3131 ノア 約束の舟
 *5 **1340 円卓 こっこ、ひと夏のイマジン
 *6 **1258 聖闘士星矢 LEGEND o…
Today's presale

[顺位] [贩売数] [映画作品タイトル名] *1 **7389 2014 FIFA ワールドカ…
 *2 **6421 アナと雪の女王 
*3 **3867 ノア 约束の舟

Last Sunday

So, we can see the huge impact from World Cup last Sunday...

[順位] [販売数] [映画作品タイトル名]
 *1 **8122 アナと雪の女王
 *2 **4829 超高速!参勤交代
 *3 **3139 春を背負って
 *4 **3131 ノア 約束の舟
 *5 **1340 円卓 こっこ、ひと夏のイマジン
 *6 **1258 聖闘士星矢 LEGEND o…
Today's presale

[顺位] [贩売数] [映画作品タイトル名] *1 **7389 2014 FIFA ワールドカ…

*2 **6421 アナと雪の女王 

*3 **3867 ノア 约束の舟

Last Sunday

So, we can see the huge impact from World Cup last Sunday...

This is great ... so can we expect an increase this weekend for sure ?

Week 14 officials

Day tkm1 adm  mult adm   gross

81 mon  19.041   48,00 67.596 $  913.968

82 tue  11.442    48,00 40.619 $  549.216

83 wed  26.670    48,00    94.679 $1.280.160

84 thr   9.955 48,00   35.340 $  477.840

85 fri  11.119    48,00    39.472 $  533.712

86 sat  58.013 32,10 174.039 $1.862.217

87 sun  50.723 39,15 152.169 $1.985.686

Total for week $7.602.800 - 29%

Total gross $226,072,695

Note that with $ 235M (definitely will be reached in the coming days) Frozen would enter the yearly top ten of 2013 in North America.

cantvyou get the wed multiplier str8. You want me you send you a third grade arithmetic book. Official, very funny

This is great ... so can we expect an increase this weekend for sure ?

Well, an increase in the morning is for sure...but afternoon...uncertain.

However, even if today adm is equal to last Sunday, it's pretty good..

• Like 1

cantvyou get the wed multiplier str8. You want me you send you a third grade arithmetic book. Official, very funny

Welcome back, is this the same arithmetic book you used to predict 400m$? And what does it mean "cantvyou" and "str8"?

What do people think about EoT's potential in Japan?

It's got potential. Cruise is still pretty popular there. Oblivion and Jack Reacher both did around 12m, which is solid if not spectacular.

The Last Samurai was huge, of course, and MI 3 and 4 both did really strong business. Knight and Day was quite strong, too.

It might end up in that 10-15 range, but it could go a fair bit higher. I think 30m is probably the ceiling, though.

• Like 1

What a garbage ending to such a fantastic run in Japan for Frozen.Hopefully other studios have learned how NOT to handle an overseas release from Disney.I think Big Hero 6 will tank in Japan. If there is one thing Japan hates, its superhero movies outside of Spider-man. When it tanks, Disney will realize how much they screwed the pooch with Frozen in Japan. Shelves for Big Hero 6 toys will be completely full for weeks after the movie come out, while Frozen merchandise continues to fly off shelves. <_<

Stop this crap please.Japan doesn't hate superheroes,The Avengers and Spiderman proved it,and The Avengers 2 will be even more successful given Iron Man 3,Thor 2 and Captain 2 all improved over the previous ones,their brand image is slowly gaining ground in Japan,and you can say it as much as you want but a lie is still a lie.The reason superheroes got a difficult start is the fact Japan has its own heroes : Goku,Luffy,Naruto,Kurosaki Ichigo,Natsu Dragneel..and so on.So given the strong competition from local heroes it was logical.But thankfully these movies are more famous over the time,like the last movies proved it.Get real!
  • Like 2

Stop this crap please.

Japan doesn't hate superheroes,The Avengers and Spiderman proved it,and The Avengers 2 will be even more successful given Iron Man 3,Thor 2 and Captain 2 all improved over the previous ones,their brand image is slowly gaining ground in Japan,and you can say it as much as you want but a lie is still a lie.

The reason superheroes got a difficult start is the fact Japan has its own heroes : Goku,Luffy,Naruto,Kurosaki Ichigo,Natsu Dragneel..and so on.So given the strong competition from local heroes it was logical.

But thankfully these movies are more famous over the time,like the last movies proved it.

Get real!

OK.  China also got their own Maleficent and I hope the the Japanese will like it!

Posted ImagePosted Image

It's got potential. Cruise is still pretty popular there. Oblivion and Jack Reacher both did around 12m, which is solid if not spectacular.The Last Samurai was huge, of course, and MI 3 and 4 both did really strong business. Knight and Day was quite strong, too.It might end up in that 10-15 range, but it could go a fair bit higher. I think 30m is probably the ceiling, though.

Looking at Cruise's past few films, Gross from Japan has always been higher than South Korea, sometimes twices as much. EoT looks to do 30m in SK. I would have thought that 30m would be the floor, not the ceiling.
  • Like 1

*1 *50291 アナと雪の女王 *2 *26692 超高速!参勤交代 *3 *23056 ノア 約束の舟 *4 *12738 春を背負って *5 **7047 聖闘士星矢 LEGEND o… *6 **6513 300スリーハンドレッド 帝… *7 **6425 円卓 こっこ、ひと夏のイマジン *8 **5551 青天の霹靂 *9 **5325 MONSTERZ モンスターズ 10 **5018 ラストミッション[2014/06/22 17:51 更新]

In early evening Frozen outpaced the total of admissions of last sunday. At the end could be +15/20%.

• Like 1

Welcome back, is this the same arithmetic book you used to predict 400m$? And what does it mean "cantvyou" and "str8"?

I predicted 400m? I said it was possible. My prediction was 325. It was on pace.but there is no way wed was 1.2m w a 48 multiplier. So why bother. [mod edit] Rysu was very clear and yet you still hold on to your hindsight filled commentary.The v is above the space bar and you need a lesson str8 too? You dont know what that is?[mod edit] Edited by Telemachos

I predicted 400m? I said it was possible. My prediction was 325. It was on pace.but there is no way wed was 1.2m w a 48 multiplier. So why bother. Clueless little boy about the movie business. Rysu was very clear and yet you still hold on to your hindsight filled commentary.The v is above the space bar and you need a lesson str8 too? You dont know what that is?You are an idiot.Youre not italian. Youre an immigrant right?

Today there is a good news for you:

"Researchers have discovered that the Japanese version of Frozen's DVD, if read with Windows Media Player or I-tunes, can evoke the spirit of Godzilla: if that will happen for 666 times the Kaijū shall rise from the ocean water. The Japanese are very scared and Disney has announced that it will replace the copy as soon as possible but that certainly will not be available for sale until November 2017, while Microsoft and Apple are sure that this could happen only using Android devices"

• Like 1

"Researchers have discovered that the Japanese version of Frozen's DVD, if read with Windows Media Player or I-tunes, can evoke the spirit of Godzilla: if that will happen for 666 times the Kaijū shall rise from the ocean water. The Japanese are very scared and Disney has announced that it will replace the copy as soon as possible but that certainly will not be available for sale until November 2017, while Microsoft and Apple are sure that this could happen only using Android devices"

:WHATanabe:

Posted Image