Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

5 minutes ago, todos said:

What does the benchmark for success look like? No reviews yet from previews yesterday.

Seat check on Toho website around Tokyo and Kanagawa has multiple shows near-sell outs. First shows start in 1 or so hours.

Maybe be an outlier big city type movie and cinema chain? 

For Inside Out 2?

I'd say if it makes 45,000 or more from the mimorin sample today, it would be really good. Elemental had about 40,000 on its first day.

I'm not really seeing "near sellouts" in places like Toho Shinjuku. 🤷‍♂️ Yeah it's selling a bit, but it could be more in the busiest theater in Japan (I think).

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

For Inside Out 2?

I'd say if it makes 45,000 or more from the mimorin sample today, it would be really good. Elemental had about 40,000 on its first day.

I'm not really seeing "near sellouts" in places like Toho Shinjuku. 🤷‍♂️ Yeah it's selling a bit, but it could be more in the busiest theater in Japan (I think).

Toho Shinjuku? The 10AM show I’d say is at least 80% sold, it looks densely parked to me and the 5pm show is also at most  85% sold. IMAX shows 55%? Several shows in the 60-70% range in this cinema. Walk ups could make the difference. 

Just my opinion, of course.  We shall see. 

Edited by todos
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I'm going off what @JustLurking said about the previews being 20 million Yen. I think mimorin tracks about 52% of sales if justlurking is correct.

Yeah I just roughly *2*atp for estimates with mimorin atm...it mostly works

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Flip said:

Pure OD of ¥130m yen?

i would go 180ish but let's see how rest of the day plays out. not bad though.

worth noting the 1st is national discount day though.

mha sales look really good I think. could set a record for the series off the ending timing buzz.

• Like 1

It might hold fine after Aug 1. Tokyo Toho cinemas presales seem fine to me. 

Social media posts especially with moms and daughters and young women seems to be so positive and could have an impact on legs (like Frozen 2?) 

Google searches are 99:1 of DM4. 

3 hours ago, todos said:

It might hold fine after Aug 1. Tokyo Toho cinemas presales seem fine to me. 

Social media posts especially with moms and daughters and young women seems to be so positive and could have an impact on legs (like Frozen 2?) 

Google searches are 99:1 of DM4. 

I think you're getting ahead of yourself if you bring the Frozen movies into the Inside Out 2 discussion.

Still a very good opening day. But like Issac Newton said this is a discount day akin to Tuesdays in the USA. Tomorrow is a real test because it faces off against My Hero Academia and therefore it loses a lot of seats as well

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think you're getting ahead of yourself if you bring the Frozen movies into the Inside Out 2 discussion.

Still a very good opening day. But like Issac Newton said this is a discount day akin to Tuesdays in the USA. Tomorrow is a real test because it faces off against My Hero Academia and therefore it loses a lot of seats as well

WOM among women is the point. 2019 levels are never returning to this market, I don’t believe but women will drive any legs for this movie and are proving it online. 

The cheery doom earlier this week just didn’t match the facts. 

I was thinking about it and it’s kind of weird how insanely walk up heavy this movie is in a lot of countries. Except Mexico. I think that was a big presale event in Mexico as well as having phenomenal walkups

• Like 1

I mean...I don't really think this OD really changes expectations for the film one way or another? not sure whats going on here

like I said 20-25M would be a good end result based on what I'm seeing and I would still say that

just to put some context on the number, it didn't even double DM4 for the day. like, it's still the 1st and all, guys.

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

I mean...I don't really think this OD really changes expectations for the film one way or another? not sure whats going on here

like I said 20-25M would be a good end result based on what I'm seeing and I would still say that

just to put some context on the number, it didn't even double DM4 which released a month ago

yeah that's what I think too, still in the range of 3 billion yen to 4 billion yen. Despicable Me 4 was released two weeks ago in Japan, though, and it's doing very well, so if Inside Out 2 can exceed it on a daily basis, that's pretty good.