Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

I told you so OD haha. Online discourse for Inside Out is all the rage among millennials. Anime art of the emotions is showing up everywhere. I guess we shall see 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by todos

6 hours ago, cannastop said:

yeah that's a big goal, but Inside Out 2 DID only drop 1% from last week. 🤯

I mean at this point will probably come out of obon with like 3b+ so why not I guess. if memory serves post-obon period is pretty dead so it can coast for a while

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

Just a question what is Obon ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obon

I'm having trouble pinpointing what the dates really are because it varies by location within Japan, but Obon itself is generally this:

Obon (お盆) or just Bon () is a fusion of the ancient Japanese belief in ancestral spirits and a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the spirits of one's ancestors. This Buddhist custom has evolved into a family reunion holiday during which people return to ancestral family places and visit and clean their ancestors' graves when the spirits of ancestors are supposed to revisit the household altars. 

It's supposed to last for three days.

It's supposed to center around the 15th day of August and most places I see gives dates around the 13th to the 16th.

I'm not an expert of course. I just know it's a big time in Japanese moviegoing.

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obon

I'm having trouble pinpointing what the dates really are because it varies by location within Japan, but Obon itself is generally this:

It's supposed to last for three days.

It's supposed to center around the 15th day of August and most places I see gives dates around the 13th to the 16th.

I'm not an expert of course. I just know it's a big time in Japanese moviegoing.

It's a religious day for Japanese people more than a bank Holiday or it's same as France ( we have bank holiday in tune with Christian holidays)

the holidays are 13-15 though the 12th will also celebrate mountain day and the 16th will pretty much be a semi-holiday just because almost everyone will have the day off (almost no workplace is really going to call people to work ONLY on friday). so the whole week is a holiday pretty much.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1