Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Okay, I just checked and Avatar had 16 weeks in Japanese theaters before it came out on dvd there. I'm no longer as pissed anymore. Now I just really hope the theater run isn't hurt too badly once the video comes out. :wacko:

X-MEN #1 movie in Japan. ........for 1 hour 40 minutes. ;) *1 **2572 アナと雪の女王 *2 **1853 X-MEN:フューチャー&パ…747 increase. Theres the 20 min number needed to beat last friday. but then again who gives a shit. Good night people. Fuck this :)

Edited by T E Lawrence
  • Like 1

Alright. Alright.  I've decided to Let It Go and no longer be angry.

I'm VERY happy Frozen has made so much money WW. It was the PERFECT storm in terms of success. Japan was always the wild card and thanks to them, Frozen beat Toy Story 3 AND Iron Man 3 WW. Japan rocks!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Ah WTF. One more. Its pacing for a bump. Disney sucks!*1 **3113 アナと雪の女王*2 **2224 X-MEN:フューチャー&パ…Looks like a few fan boys cut school to catch the first xmen show and then it faded, and frozen turned the afterburners.

Edited by T E Lawrence

Ah WTF. One more. Its pacing for a bump. Disney sucks!*1 **3113 アナと雪の女王*2 **2224 X-MEN:フューチャー&パ…Looks like a few fan boys cut school to catch the first xmen show and then it faded, and frozen turned the afterburners.

If there is one thing we can count on, it's Japan being pretty bored of Hollywood superhero movies! :lol:

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Note: Last Wk Friday 5/23 Admissions [ 2:30pm-00:25am ]

*4 chains

toho...4338-11953 (x2.75) 
109....1119--3108 (x2.77)
kinezo..792--2491 (x3.14)
movix..1536--4843 (x3.15)

total..7785--22566 (x2.89)
              [actual]  
Edited by Hans13

Friday 5/30 2:30pm Admissions (Last Wk-Today)

* 4 Chains

toho...4338--4006 -7.7%

109....1119--1362 +21.7%
kinezo..792---886 +11.8%
movix..1536--1264 -17.8%

*total..7785--7518 -3.5%

NOTE: Opening Day [ TASM2 vs DOFP ]

TASM2 OD - 3 chains admissions (2:30pm-00:25am)

109....1443--3749
toho...4136--12838
kinezo.802---2299

*total..6381--18886 x2.95 (OD Actual $1m)

X-men DOFP OD - 3 chains admissions (2:30pm)

toho...3188
kinezo..589

*total..4518

*Prediction (X-men DOFP OD range - about $0.7m-0.8m)
Edited by Hans13
  • Like 4

Does anybody know if there will be a double feature release of Frozen with Maleficent in North America. That could help decrease the difference between Frozen and HP7:P2. It helped Tangled reach $200M, while John Carter and Oz all saw increase when they were released as a double feature:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2011&wknd=20&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2012&wknd=18&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?yr=2013&wknd=18&p=.htm

Okay, I just checked and Avatar had 16 weeks in Japanese theaters before it came out on dvd there. I'm no longer as pissed anymore. Now I just really hope the theater run isn't hurt too badly once the video comes out. :wacko:

Well if that's true, it means the DVD release may have no impact on the box office. Avatar only crashed when Alice arrived.

But Frozen is NOT a 3D event. Avatar was something that had to be seen in theatres, nobody cared about owning the dvd. The Cameron film had a 3D:total ratio above 90%, Frozen's is around 10%. That's a huge huge difference.

Something similar applies to Toy Story 3: huge box office, yet underwhelming dvd sales. That movie's 3D ratio was close to 90%, too.

Same w AIW. Huge 3d sales. 2010 was the 3d year. But just a fad apparently.8100 to go to hold flat to last week. *1 *13407 アナと雪の女王*2 **9940 X-MEN:フューチャー&パ…18:39If 20 people write disney today it may cause someone to notice. Its 5min.http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/corporate-communicationsthe peasants revolted against king Louis. Let em eat cake. Sure, behead your dumbassgrass roots movement people. The peasants won. Well, then they got Napoleon.

Edited by T E Lawrence

;

Anybody?

¥7.00-8.00 billion;(Toho)¥4.00-4.50 billionPokemon XY: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction(Toho)¥3.00-4.00 billionGodzilla (Toho)¥2.50-3.00 billionMaleficent(Disney)¥2.00-2.50 billionEdge of Tomorrow (Warner Bros.)¥1.50-2.00 billionTranscendence (Shochiku)¥1.25-1.50 billion;($12-15 million) -Noah (Paramount)¥1.00-1.50 billion($10-15 million) -Eight Ranger 2&(Toho)¥1.00-1.50 billion($10-15 million) -Say, "I Love You";(Shochiku)¥1.00-1.25 billion($10-12 million) -Kamen Rider Gaim the Movie: The Great Soccer Match! The Golden Fruit Cup!;(Toei)30-40m according to corpse. Edited by T E Lawrence

After months of lurking on the Frozen threads, I now feel the need to share my message I just sent to Disney. I may have accidentally sent some false information about Avatar being in theatres of 44 weeks before its video release. At least now I know I always have to double check my facts. 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I never considered myself to be the type of person to even remotely enjoy a Disney Princess movie (don't take this the wrong way, I really love Disney as a whole) but a few months ago, probably in January, I happened to be at the cinemas with a couple of friends who just wanted to watch Frozen. I was slightly against the idea but I wasn't gonna cause a scene just because I didn't want to watch a movie which I thought, at the time, was targeted at prepubescent girls. Bear in mind that I had not even seen any of the trailers or heard any of the songs. However, I did see one fan-made drawing of Elsa and Jack Frost (from Rise of the Guardians) earlier that day. Frozen won me over less than 15 minutes into the movie. It is the best movie of all time and is much more than just another Disney Princess movie. I mean it teaches you about unconditional family love! 

So needless to say I was obsessed from then on. It started out with getting all the merchandise I could get my hands on and it eventually ended up with me tracking Frozen's box office success. You would not believe the satisfaction I got when Frozen overtook Iron Man 3 just this week to become the fifth highest grossing movie of all time especially when a month ago, it was considered impossible to earn another $90 million or so to jump from the 6th of all time to 5th. As you probably know, Frozen earned an amazing $400 million domestically and is the 3rd highest grossing movie of 2013 domestically. Lots of box office analysts, including myself, believed that releasing the Blu ray version really destroyed it chances of becoming the highest grossing movie of 2013 domestically. It lost out on potentially $20 million in terms of box office gross just because the people working at Disney did not push back the release date of the Blu ray version. Although it's weekly domestic gross was unfazed by direct competition, no one expected that Frozen's greatest weakness would be Frozen. 

Now to the main reason I'm writing this. I would like to ask you to just consider pushing back the Blu ray release of Frozen in Japan. It has recently been announced that the Blu ray release date of Frozen would be around the middle of July, which is understandable as all the other Disney movies' release date has been around the same time. However, Frozen is not like any other Disney movie. It has been earning so much every week that it's current weekend has barely dipped below how much it's opening weekend has made. It is currently the 4th highest grossing movie in Japan and has shown no signs of slowing down. Currently, it is well on track to becoming the highest grossing movie ever in Japan. 

01 ¥30.40 billion - Spirited Away (2001)
02 ¥26.20 billion - Titanic (1997)
03 ¥20.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
04 ¥19.85 billion - Frozen (2014) [73 days in release]
05 ¥19.60 billion - Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
06 ¥19.30 billion - Princess Mononoke (1997)
07 ¥17.35 billion - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge! (2003)
08 ¥17.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
09 ¥15.60 billion - Avatar (2009)
10 ¥15.50 billion - Ponyo (2008)

I pulled this top 10 list from a trusted source on one of the many forums that are following Frozen's run very closely. As shown above, Frozen is right up there with cinematic legends. It is estimated that Frozen will make more money than Spirited Away, which is just absolutely insane, provided that the blu ray release is pushed back by maybe half a year. If my memory is right, Frozen will only get about 18 weeks in theatres whereas movies such as Avatar got *44 weeks* until the video release. Frozen will still be making about $10 million per week at the time of the video release and in my honest and unbiased opinion, more money will be made by pushing back the video release. Markets such as Japan usually have a very good weekly hold in terms of how much money movies make. Releasing the blu ray will just cripple those legs and cause Frozen to crash before it reaches anymore of its goals. Another *major* goal for Frozen is to beat Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 which is definitely possible at the pace it is going in Japan but will ultimately impossible if the blu ray comes out in mid July. Beating Harry Potter worldwide will definitely created even MORE buzz for Frozen. Also, if it beats Spirited Away to become the highest grossing film in Japan, the later blu ray release will do even better than if its released in July as more people will hear about Frozen being the top grossing movie and will want to own a copy of it.  I believe that the benefits of allowing Frozen to continue to do well in Japan far outweighs the benefits of the blu ray release. I'm sure the mentality that's going on in the marketing sector is to "strike while the iron is hot" but that is different in the situation we're in. 

I sincerely hope that this has made the people who planned the blu ray release for Japan to seriously consider pushing back the video release which will help Frozen gain the respect and justice it deserves. 

Kind regards
  • Like 7

Well written. 18 more emails people. Giddy up! http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/contact-us/corporate-communications*1 *15170 アナと雪の女王*2 *10031 X-MEN:フューチャー&パ…19:41800 in the last 20m. 20pm shows need to do well. Looking like minus 5-10% unless it picks up

Edited by T E Lawrence

『アナと雪の女王』は5/29までの77日間累計動員1601万3713人、興収203億7743万3900円となり、 『ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石』を抜き去りました。これで日本歴代興収3位です

As of May 29th

Frozen total admissions reached 16,013,713, total gross 20.377 billion yen.

It has beaten HP1 and became #3 all time grosser in Japan.(First run only I assume)

• Like 4