Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

Dec. 8-9

Weekend Forecast:

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 (-) Kamen Rider X Kamen Rider Fourze & Wizard (Toei) ¥370 million ($4.5 million) NEW!

2 (1) 007: Skyfall (Sony) ¥316 million ($3.9 million) Week 2

3 (-) Today, I Started Loving You (Toho) ¥220 million ($2.7 million) NEW!

4 (2) Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo (T-Joy) ¥192 million ($2.3 million) Week 4

5 (3) Inazuma Eleven Go! Vs. Danball Senkei W: The Movie (Toho) ¥105 million ($1.3 million) Week 2

6 (4) Holy Scripture of Evil (Toho) ¥98 million ($1.2 million) Week 5

7 (5) The Floating Castle (Toho/Asmik Ace) ¥77 million ($940,000) Week 6

8 (6) Spirit Helper (Toho) ¥36 million ($440,000) Week 4

9 (7) A Chorus of Angels (Toei) ¥30 million ($365,000) Week 6

10 (9) Trouble with the Curve (Warner Bros.) ¥28 million ($340,000) Week 3

Question for you Olive : As a Chinese, can you understand Japanese? Languages seem to be the same from a European point of view, we can't see the difference. I know they're not the same, with a different pronunciation, but I'm curious :P

Question for you Olive : As a Chinese, can you understand Japanese? Languages seem to be the same from a European point of view, we can't see the difference. I know they're not the same, with a different pronunciation, but I'm curious :P

:lol: I did learn a little Japanese and Korean during college.So I more or less can read them.

:lol: I did learn a little Japanese and Korean during college.So I more or less can read them.

I guess it was way easier than English? :P Given English is considered hard to learn for people speaking Chinese/Japanese/Korean. Edited by Fullbuster

Japanese also use Chinese characters which is the hardest part for Westerners to learn but not for Chinese. :P

In fact it's not necessarily the hardest part. I wanted to learn Chinese some months ago but I gave up for 2 reasons :-Too busy and already 3 foreign languages (English, Spanish, Russian)-Chinese is too hard because of tones, this part of Chinese is terribly hard for a French because we never use tones, English is not easy to speak for us, but Chinese is way worse. I don't like tones :(

In fact it's not necessarily the hardest part. I wanted to learn Chinese some months ago but I gave up for 2 reasons :-Too busy and already 3 foreign languages (English, Spanish, Russian)-Chinese is too hard because of tones, this part of Chinese is terribly hard for a French because we never use tones, English is not easy to speak for us, but Chinese is way worse. I don't like tones :(

Yes, tones are very difficult. Very few foreigners can master them well.
  • Like 1

English is the easiest language to learn.

What are the other foreign languages you learned/tried to learn? Because you need a comparison to say it's easy :PAnd it depends of your native language in many cases : for most of French people Spanish is easy, and easier than English because both languages have 75% of their words in common, the orthography is slightly different but the words are very similar.So you say English is easy too, it's really surprising when I see how it's difficult for Japanese to learn it.By the way I love English because I can speak with Chinese, Japanese, Brazilians, Koreans and so on.. with it :P
  • Like 1

『007 スカイフォール』は公開9日目に興収10億円突破で、2週目もNo.1に。12/8の動員10万5332人、興収1億3699万9100円、12/9の動員10万221人、興収1億3277万2800円で累計動員90万7875人、累計興収10億8553万7950円となっています

007 total;1,085,537,950 yen

So Skyfall's 2nd weekend basically matched CR's 1st (excluding previews). CR made another 1.83m from there. If Skyfall manages that it will finish with ¥2.9b ($36m).Comparing 2nd weekends only, Skyfall's was 40% bigger than CR's. If Skyfall maintains this lead for the rest of its run, it will finish with ¥3.04m ($38m).