• POTC: Dead Mans Chest
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • POTC: On Stranger Tides
    • LOTR 3
    • Transformers 3
    • Titanic
    • Toy Story 3
    • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2

Titanic achieved its success by appealing to people who don't normally go to films. Therefore, it gets a lot of hate (unwarranted, IMO) from the fans of more established franchises. There aren't very many Titanic conventions, so to speak. That's how I see it, anyway.

1) Titanic - A+ (Love it, it's part of my childhood and everything about it I love.)

2) The Avengers - A+ (Epic, made me feel like a child again, which few films have managed to do recently)

3) Toy Story 3 - A+ (Amazing, gut wrenching, end to my childhood)

4) The Dark Knight - A (Joker, enuff said.)

5) Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part II - A (Only watched it once, but I remember liking it a lot, and its and end to my childhood as well)

6) Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest - B+ (LOVE Pirates, but this is second after AWE)

7) Transformers : Dark of the Moon - B+ (Understand the hate, but can't bring myself to hate it. Sucker for mindless, summer popcorn fare)

8) Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides B+ (Only slightly less enjoyable than TF3/DMC and I'm a huge Pirates fan.)

9) Alice In Wonderland - B (I enjoy it, and IMO under-rated in this neck of the woods.)

10) Star Wars Ep. I - The Phantom Menace - B (I understand the hate, but it's alright by me)

11) Avatar - C- (HUGE Disappointment, over-rated as hell)

12) Never saw Lord of the Rings

What can I say? There are VERY few films that have really disappointed me. (AVATAR being one of them).

So, in your opinion TF3 >>> Avatar??

:lol:

Since we're doing rankings:1. TDK - A+2. ROTK - A+3. TS3 - A+4. TA - A-5. Avatar - B+6. DH2 - B/B+7. Titanic - B8. TF3 - B/B-9. DMC - C/C-10. Alice - C-/D+11. OST - N/A(I only voted for top 3)

What does crying have anything to do with the best film anyways? If we're gonna get into waterworks though, TS3 is easily the biggest tearjerker on this list.

It doesn't, but it does have to do with your condescending post about me not knowing much about cinema for crying in Titanic.
  • Like 1

It doesn't, but it does have to do with your condescending post about me not knowing much about cinema for crying in Titanic.

Well why would you cry at such a forced and obvious emotion ploy? I don't understand it. Surely you couldn't have been surprised by Rose jumping back onto the ship? Anyone could see that coming a mile away. Edited by MovieMan89

Well why would you cry at such a forced and obvious emotion ploy? I don't understand it. Surely you couldn't have been surprised by Rose jumping back onto the ship? Anyone could see that coming a mile away.

It wasn't forced in the slightest. The music was incredible, and their acting was so authentic. So, tell me, which scenes did you cry in? I'm curious (no arguments or whatever).
  • Like 1

Well why would you cry at such a forced and obvious emotion ploy? I don't understand it. Surely you couldn't have been surprised by Rose jumping back onto the ship? Anyone could see that coming a mile away.

I didn't know she would do that the first time I watched Titanic. I think the scene is perfect.Why do you hate Titanic so much?

Your obvious disdain for Titanic has clearly impaired your judgement, and for whatever reason you can't accept the enormous success the movie has achieved over the past 14+ years since the movie came out...Titanic is neck and neck with being number one on the list and forum member after forum member has placed the movie highly on their list yet that still means nothing to you... To get into petty arguments with other forum members over their love for the movie is really childish...Don't you think it's about time you stopped wasting your time dissing a movie you're never going to like and move on??? Edited by NYer4Life
  • Like 1

Your obvious disdain for Titanic has clearly impaired your judgement, and for whatever reason you can't accept the enormous success the movie has achieved over the past 14+ years since the movie came out...Titanic is neck and neck with being number one on the list and forum member after forum member has placed the movie highly on their list yet that still means nothing to you...To get into petty arguments with other forum members over their love for the movie is really childish...Don't you think it's about time you stopped wasting your time dissing a movie you're never going to like and move on???

I'll move on just as soon as soon as you and Noctis move on and also stop dissing the masterpiece that is ROTK I might add (that one's mainly aimed at Noctis).
  • Like 1

Also, I find it deeply sad that hackneyed garbage like Titanic is so well-regarded by the masses.

Trust me, this board is not the masses. There is nothing to indicate Titanic is beloved by the masses and Noctis and NYer will just have to accept that cold hard fact.