Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

Let's get back to how incredible Moonrise Kingdom's box office is.Hopefully it plans to expand a bit faster as a result.

Man, I agree. From what I've heard of, this actually bit of a kids movie, Bill Murray called it a "Kids movie" in an interview if I recall correctly. I hope it expands soon. Edited by Jack Nevada

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxofficeMOONRISE KINGDOM'S record-breaking per-theatre-average (for a live-action film): $130,749 per--$522,996 in 4 venues.

Somewhat serious question...extrapolating that (to a degree) for let's say TDKR opening weekend, why is $200m impossible for a 2D movie again?

Somewhat serious question...extrapolating that (to a degree) for let's say TDKR opening weekend, why is $200m impossible for a 2D movie again?

Well you can't really extrapolate it accurately. The demand is high because it's only in 4 theaters, 2 in NY and 2 in L.A. Once it expands all across the country you don't know if that demand holds up.