Impact

Behind the Camera

When I started writing Journey, I said it was hard. That was because I knew it was hard to make a good adaptation while gaining both, general audience interest and Oscar Nomination... The thing is, it became so much harder... The game tells the story in visuals, and when I say in visuals I say that you have to make out what story those symbols try to tell since it isn't very obvious...

On a random note, I'm planning on having Three-Month Funeral open wide on MLK weekend in Y8, so it will end up being the first film to open limited in one year and wide in another. :D

It will be one of the first. White Death opens limited in December and expands in January.  ;)

It will be one of the first. White Death opens limited in December and expands in January.  ;)

Actually, Three Month Funeral will be the first and White Death will be the second, since TMF comes out 14 days before WD.

• Like 1

Going to finish the first serious draft of Harald's Dream tonight. I could use some reviews (the movie isn't long - around 3.5k-4.5k) so if anyone wants to have a read and drop some reviews, I would appreciate it a lot.

I'm interested, but along with six major films (2.5K+ is major for me. :P ) I need to write and the Oscar ceremony too, I'll wait for the final copy. Very interested in it though; I attempted (and failed thanks to me being a terrible newbie) to explore composing in Y3. After To The Moon, I'm very excited to read that. :)

• Like 1

I'm interested, but along with six major films (2.5K+ is major for me. :P ) I need to write and the Oscar ceremony too, I'll wait for the final copy. Very interested in it though; I attempted (and failed thanks to me being a terrible newbie) to explore composing in Y3. After To The Moon, I'm very excited to read that. :)

Just clearing out that To The Moon is so good because of the story, not because I made it. It'll be good if Harald's Dream will end up somewhere around Rigger levels, but, after all, I didn't send Rigger to anyone to get a few reviews back to edit it and make it better. Hopefully, this will turn out to be better. Thanks^^

Writing The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar is interesting in how I decide to adhere to or slightly detach from the historical record. For example this is the historical account of the death of Cato, one of the antagonists of the first half of the film, after he attempts to commit suicide:

Cato did not immediately die of the wound; but struggling, fell off the bed, and throwing down a little mathematical table that stood by, made such a noise that the servants, hearing it, cried out. And immediately his son and all his friends came into the chamber, where, seeing him lie weltering in his own blood, great part of his bowels out of his body, but himself still alive and able to look at them, they all stood in horror. The physician went to him, and would have put in his bowels, which were not pierced, and sewed up the wound; but Cato, recovering himself, and understanding the intention, thrust away the physician, plucked out his own bowels, and tearing open the wound, immediately expired.

As you can see, if I try to depict that on film it would probably seem a bit too absurd and OTT for audiences (tearing out ones bowels with ones own hands), even though it is essentially what happened, so I am toning down the death a bit.

Edited by 4815162342

Going to finish the first serious draft of Harald's Dream tonight. I could use some reviews (the movie isn't long - around 3.5k-4.5k) so if anyone wants to have a read and drop some reviews, I would appreciate it a lot.

OK. I'd like a draft.
  • Like 1

Writing The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar is interesting in how I decide to adhere to or slightly detach from the historical record. For example this is the historical account of the death of Cato, one of the antagonists of the first half of the film, after he attempts to commit suicide:As you can see, if I try to depict that on film it would probably seem a bit too absurd and OTT for audiences (tearing out ones bowels with ones own hands), even though it is essentially what happened, so I am toning down the death a bit.

Over the top makes it even better.