Impact

Behind the Camera

Heavy Rain?

No idea, but either ChD carefully describes every scene in the most meticulous detail, or the film's like 4 hours long.

Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar ends up at 202 minutes (3 hrs, 22 min). Definitely the longest (in running time) of my Rise of Rome films (I expect Imperial Dawn to hover around 170-180 minutes) because I have to cover a lot of ground and didn't want to simply glaze over key events.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

It actually might end up being between 3.5-4hrs long... The re-write is even going to make it longer, and I can't possibly split it in two parts because there is no place where I could possibly do that and make is seem alright.

It actually might end up being between 3.5-4hrs long... The re-write is even going to make it longer, and I can't possibly split it in two parts because there is no place where I could possibly do that and make is seem alright.

You are one dedicated writer ChD...

• Like 1

Prepare for a box office flop then, since it will be incredibly difficult for people to sit through a dark, gritty, graphic, depressing crime thriller that's THAT LONG.

While we do take some box office liberties in this game, A 210+ minute long Heavy Rain is far outside those liberties, especially since the story does not warrant anything remotely close to such length (2.5 hours, tops).

Prepare for a box office flop then, since it will be incredibly difficult for people to sit through a dark, gritty, graphic, depressing crime thriller that's THAT LONG.

While we do take some box office liberties in this game, A 210+ minute long Heavy Rain is far outside those liberties, especially since the story does not warrant anything remotely close to such length (2.5 hours, tops).

It's a very long investigation held by 4 different characters who each go their own way and rarely cross over into the other one's story until the end... Not even at the end. I know, if it was only one story, it would be horrible for it to be 4 hours, but for four stories... it's kinda different.

And I kinda made my peace with Box office flops, especially after what Journey is going to endure. I never meant to create box office hits, but movies that have some awards.

I played Heavy Rain so I know what it's all about.

You can't literally adapt everything from a video game into a film because that slavish loyalty and writing just creates bloat. You have to cut and trim and compress things down into a manageable story that works on film, which is not an interactive medium like video games are.

I played Heavy Rain so I know what it's all about.

You can't literally adapt everything from a video game into a film because that slavish loyalty and writing just creates bloat. You have to cut and trim and compress things down into a manageable story that works on film, which is not an interactive medium like video games are.

Yeah... It's just that every part of the game has it's importance... I suck at editing, so that would mean that I would ruin the movie If i went into editing it to make it shorter, yet understandable.

Yeah... It's just that every part of the game has it's importance... I suck at editing, so that would mean that I would ruin the movie If i went into editing it to make it shorter, yet understandable.

You just need to erase one subplot from the movie, and act like it never existed. I've never played Heavy Rain, so I don't really know how important each subplot is.

Even better, just take out the meticulous detail of each one so you shorten it down to like, 2.5-3 hrs. That's endurable.

Then again, considering what I've heard about the game, you probably shouldn't have adapted it anyways  :rolleyes:

You just need to erase one subplot from the movie, and act like it never existed. I've never played Heavy Rain, so I don't really know how important each subplot is.

Even better, just take out the meticulous detail of each one so you shorten it down to like, 2.5-3 hrs. That's endurable.

Then again, considering what I've heard about the game, you probably shouldn't have adapted it anyways  :rolleyes:

What and Why? 

Well, we have had a 210+ minute long Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson movie... ;)

Well, we have had a 210+ minute long Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson movie... ;)

Yeah...but that's different... No one dares to skip a movie with Chuck Norris... They'll skip Heavy Rain ...

UNLESS... I cast Chuck Norris as lead! X_X 

Yeah...but that's different... No one dares to skip a movie with Chuck Norris... They'll skip Heavy Rain ...UNLESS... I cast Chuck Norris as lead! X_X

There's an even better reason...CN&LM was split into three movies. You didn't need to stay for the whole thing.Then again, The Godfather 2 was 3 hrs 20 min.

Speaking of editing I'm almost afraid to call my next Narnia movie Horse and His Boy. I've totally hacked the book apart. There's an extra story arc and the original book story only accounts for about 60-65% of the movie now.

• Like 1

Speaking of editing I'm almost afraid to call my next Narnia movie Horse and His Boy. I've totally hacked the book apart. There's an extra story arc and the original book story only accounts for about 60-65% of the movie now.

Usually you detract from the original source material :P