Impact

Behind the Camera

Alpha don't compare a film like The Godfather Part 2 to Heavy Rain. The two kinds of film they are are totally different.

ChD, you need to focus on what is really important in Heavy Rain's story: Ethan Mars' search for his kidnapped son. He should be the focal point and the other 3 main characters should have their storylines suppressed and condensed since in all honesty, while they may make for intriguing game elements, they're not nearly as compelling or interesting cinematically.

ChD, you need to focus on what is really important in Heavy Rain's story: Ethan Mars' search for his kidnapped son. He should be the focal point and the other 3 main characters should have their storylines suppressed and condensed since in all honesty, while they may make for intriguing game elements, they're not nearly as compelling or interesting cinematically.

I agree.

Alpha don't compare a film like The Godfather Part 2 to Heavy Rain. The two kinds of film they are are totally different.

I gotta leave Shelby on for obvious reasons...

I think that Madison and Norman can go.

I gotta leave Shelby on for obvious reasons...

I think that Madison and Norman can go.

All 4 main characters can stay, but you should not have 4 equally big storylines. Norman's a FBI profiler brought in to assist on the serial killer case. His job is to be an antagonist-turned-ally for Ethan as he finds clues, but he doesn't need to have a major plot. You can dump the technology/drug angle too since they bloat up his story at the expense of all else. Likewise Madison's role is an independent looker who turns into an ally for Ethan, which doesn't need her own big complex plotline for the whole film.

As for Scott, his role as a PC in the game always seemed iffy.

And poof, you'll have a 2.5 hour thriller that'll get you nom for BP.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now...

I will see what I can do, but this probably pushes it back to Year 8 again.

Here's my current slate for Y8 with Directors:

Professor Layton & The Curious Villiage (Animation) - Directed by Joe Cornish (An adaption of the hit game)

Parallels (Sci-Fi/Thriller) - Directed by Duncan Jones (It involves an alternate universe.)

The Reign Of Griswell (Sci-Fi/Action/Drama) - Directed by Andrew Niccol (My second attempt of The Academy. It's going to be more of a dystopian drama focused solely on the fifth story.)

The Masked Man (Drama/Crime/Period) - Directed by Martin Scorcese (My David Tennant Oscar attempt)

Hand Drawn Heroes (Animation) - Directed by Phil Lord & Chris Miller (My epic cartoon mashup)

So yeah, I'm not using Fincher or Tanatino.

Edited by Spaghetti

Well, looking it up, I see Alfred has Fincher maybe, but I have a great idea for a film much like Social Network, but with football and loosely based on a recent news story. I'm going to release it next year regardless, but I hope I can use Fincher.

Parallels is going to be centered around a parallel world where every living entity in our world has a similar soul in the other world, but the gender and role in society of each person are changed. A young man (actor TBD, but maybe Chris Hemsworth) has no parallel soul, but he is part of an agency of similar people who must moderate between the two worlds.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

Parallels is going to be centered around a parallel world where every living entity in our world has a similar soul in the other world, but the gender and role in society of each person are changed. A young man (actor TBD, but maybe Chris Hemsworth) has no parallel soul, but he is part of an agency of similar people who must moderate between the two worlds.

That's all I'm gonna say.

It kind of reminds me of this movie. It's not the same, but it reminds me of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtixqUXid9A

Yeah, definetly not the same. But still, the whole "two twin worlds" is the same focal point.

Anyways, seems like a good idea.

Edited by Alpha

The new re-worked plot seems to fall in place for the movie. Thanks Numbers.

Decided to make Madison have a few shorter appearances when Ethan starts it, but she gets into main focus near the end of the movie. Norman's story has also been cut down, and the sub plot to his drug problems was removed, but it's still let known that the ARI overuse can lead to certain side effects (I need this for the end). I'm still working on Scott, but I think I've got the idea for him to make him appear near the mid-end of the movie, too.