Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

In admissions I expect around 2m admissions in 7 days, and $15-20m OW (5 days)

That would be on par with ROTK. According BOM, it opened to 19 million (5-day), and it finished with 48 million. If you compare LOTR European numbers, France is the weakest market for Tolkien (proportionally, of course).

That would be on par with ROTK. According BOM, it opened to 19 million (5-day), and it finished with 48 million. If you compare LOTR European numbers, France is the weakest market for Tolkien (proportionally, of course).

And I'm cautious there, it could do more easily.

FIRST FRENCH NUMBERS FOR PARIS AT 2PM4,300 admissions8th best of the year.I expected more, but it's too soon to judge. But still, it's disappointing for such a movie.

Do we know which movies rank over TH in that list? what numbers did they do? how many of them opened on Wednesday? Edited by peludo

I can't have access to these data, it's not free. But I remember TASM, TDKR, Avengers and Twilight BD2 were higher.

These are SH and Twilight, very frontloaded franchises. I do not know if TH is as frontloaded as those. And we must remember today is Wednesday, not Friday.

People shouldn't start freaking out. This isn't breaking any opening records, but over the holiday period and new year, it'll play very, very well. I'm expecting about 900-950m OS. Same as DH2.

I know it. It is just a very early data, but it is a 60% drop in attendance from ROTK. it is not exactly the same release date (a week earlier), but still a bit worrying.