Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

With who? The GA hasnt seen it yet and they are paying. Critical reviews are meaningless. Poor reviews didnt stop TPM or the Twilight series getting good bank.

TPM and Twilight had record-opening so that even with poor legs, their final total was huge.Hobbit isn't breaking records anywhere.
  • Like 1

Its December.. Its the season for legs and yes the DOM December OW record is going down. You are still pinning your hopes on bad WOM, which i just dont think it will get. I have seen it twice.

Edited by Rovex

Can't find historical data.MI4 had the same release date last year, whch is a good comparsion.

MI:GP opening:Tue+Wed (previews): 20,350Thurs: 264,719Fri: 284,074Sat: 596,962Sun: 568,508Weekend: 1,734,613MI:GP's OD was 1.924b Won ($1.67m). Hobbit's OD was 1.278b Won ($1.19m).

MI:GP opening:Tue+Wed (previews): 20,350Thurs: 264,719Fri: 284,074Sat: 596,962Sun: 568,508Weekend: 1,734,613MI:GP's OD was 1.924b Won ($1.67m). Hobbit's OD was 1.278b Won ($1.19m).

That is a 29% lower than MI. I know it is not a good method, but extrapolating to 51 million of MI it would lead TH to 36 million.

That is a 29% lower than MI. I know it is not a good method, but extrapolating to 51 million of MI it would lead TH to 36 million.

I don't see it getting as good legs as MI:GP. That one had a really out-of-world WOM in these parts.For opening it looks like 1m admissions 4-day for TH1 ($7.5M). For total I'd say around 30M. Edited by Fake

My OS range: 600M~800M

Way too low, i think you location is blinding you to how popular it will be outside Asia. 600M is a lower split than any other fantasy and specifically LOTR. No way thats going to happen with 3D and expansion..

Way too low, i think you location is blinding you to how popular it will be outside Asia. 600M is a lower split than any other fantasy and specifically LOTR. No way thats going to happen with 3D and expansion..

The way: sub 25% increase from ROTK in expanding markets (Asia, LA,etc) and major decreases in Europe.