baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

So we can judge the films WOM based on your theater, but the people in my theater just must have been full of shit then, right? Seems legit. And yes, people do tweet about this stuff. People tweet about everything they do. You are highly wrong about that.

(Yay, more speaking in absolutes. Anyway...)

Quite the opposite. The point I'm getting at: one theater's reaction does not a trend make.

As for twitter, SOME people in a certain AGE GROUP tweet about everything they do. MANY people in another AGE GROUP don't tweet at all. Point the second.

You picking up what I'm putting down?

1m Jordan Clark ‏@Jordan_C14Welp, Prometheus was a slight let down. At least it looked pretty. 1m eric neal ‏@Doc_S_StrangePrometheus will cure insomnia if you see it. By the way it sucks! #prometheussucks Michael Ray ‏@michaelrayfilms#PROMETHEUS was sicker than sick. maybe Ridley's best film yet. so deep, so subtle, so visually stunning! great action! #masterpiece Austin Bryan ‏@AustBryanJust saw #Prometheus. Ehh. It's at least the third best movie of the summer and #DarkKnightRises hasn't even come out yet. Grade: B-Christopher Bishop ‏@ODESSA_ZFurthermore, @Prometheus DEFINITELY connects the dots on some major questions surrounding the Alien saga. I waited forever for this movie.1m James Curtis ‏@Darker4SerenityJust came back from watching #prometheus, #WORSTMOVIEEVER. do NOT go see this movie, it's a waste of your valuable time and money.1m Justin Morgan ‏@JJMorgan19@DamonLindelof, #Prometheus is fucking fantastic. RT the more positive feedback 1m Jamie Niehof ‏@jniehofPROMETHEUS overwhelmed me. Stellar in every sense, beautiful + ambitious. A stunning film. Jade ‏@JadewayPrometheus was amazing!1m Penissss ‏@Jpenis_Prometheus wasn't good but wasn't bad. The ending though, omfg.Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite

1m Jordan Clark ‏@Jordan_C14Welp, Prometheus was a slight let down. At least it looked pretty.1m eric neal ‏@Doc_S_StrangePrometheus will cure insomnia if you see it. By the way it sucks! #prometheussucksMichael Ray ‏@michaelrayfilms#PROMETHEUS was sicker than sick. maybe Ridley's best film yet. so deep, so subtle, so visually stunning! great action! #masterpieceAustin Bryan ‏@AustBryanJust saw #Prometheus. Ehh. It's at least the third best movie of the summer and #DarkKnightRises hasn't even come out yet. Grade: B-Christopher Bishop ‏@ODESSA_ZFurthermore, @Prometheus DEFINITELY connects the dots on some major questions surrounding the Alien saga. I waited forever for this movie.1m James Curtis ‏@Darker4SerenityJust came back from watching #prometheus, #WORSTMOVIEEVER. do NOT go see this movie, it's a waste of your valuable time and money.1m Justin Morgan ‏@JJMorgan19@DamonLindelof, #Prometheus is fucking fantastic. RT the more positive feedback1m Jamie Niehof ‏@jniehofPROMETHEUS overwhelmed me. Stellar in every sense, beautiful + ambitious. A stunning film.Jade ‏@JadewayPrometheus was amazing!1m Penissss ‏@Jpenis_Prometheus wasn't good but wasn't bad. The ending though, omfg.Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite

Yup. Mixed WOM indeed.

These two tweets at the same time.Lacey Noland ‏@laceynolandDo not- I repeat - do not go see the movie #Prometheus .. Absolutely horrible. Worst movie u have ever pained myself through.Angela Ohrn ‏@angelaohrnI really liked Prometheus. Lots of subtle items of note. Now we're watching Alien :) haven't seen this movie in FOREVER

These two tweets at the same time.Lacey Noland ‏@laceynolandDo not- I repeat - do not go see the movie #Prometheus .. Absolutely horrible. Worst movie u have ever pained myself through.Angela Ohrn ‏@angelaohrnI really liked Prometheus. Lots of subtle items of note. Now we're watching Alien :) haven't seen this movie in FOREVER

:lol:

Quoting tweets is essentially worthless.

What? I disagree. It gives an idea of what the people are saying out there. Maybe it's worthless to you. But I find some value in it.

What? I disagree. It gives an idea of what the people are saying out there. Maybe it's worthless to you. But I find some value in it.

Yes, I agree. Twitter and Cinemascore are the best way to see how WOM is for movie IMO. Better than places like here