baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

If that Sunday hold is true than it bodes very well for it's legs.

No, it has nothing to do with it being good or bad. It's just the way R-rated films in the summer perform on Sunday.

You guys think Madagascar will make $60M or not? I got some money on it making $59.9M or less ;)

It looks like 59.5 is where it might land.

Well, if Prom's Sunday was indeed underestimated this bodes pretty well for it. I mean Watchmen dropped further 33% on its first Sunday. If Prom's drop was below 20% than comparing it to that movie could prove unjustified after all.

That was March.

Crappy weekend for most of the hold overs.THG finally passes 400m! Hope it keeps going and makes all it can. It deserves it.Would like to see TA's weekend drops level off a bit. It'll make 600m, but I'd like to see it not limp past it.

Has RTH ever been wrong when posting numbers that late before? If his range is correct and even at the lowest end, then we need the other estimates to be off by like 1M for it to fall under 50M. Seems unlikely based on his strong reputation and the fact that he gave us a range.

Fancy new avatar bud! Great thriller.

Crappy weekend for most of the hold overs.THG finally passes 400m! Hope it keeps going and makes all it can. It deserves it.Would like to see TA's weekend drops level off a bit. It'll make 600m, but I'd like to see it not limp past it.

Sorry for my ignorance but what are the milestones it needs to hit to pass TF and Spidey? 401 and 402?

Meanwhile in finland:SW had a decent, if a bit underwhelming OW. 18 000 viewers. Might miss 1M unless the legs turn out to be real good. Prometheus is on its way to 1M and MiB 3 is failing miserably.Movies do usually have huge legs in Finland, for example Risto Räppääjä was on the top 10 for over 20 weeks.

Meanwhile in finland:SW had a decent, if a bit underwhelming OW. 18 000 viewers. Might miss 1M unless the legs turn out to be real good. Prometheus is on its way to 1M and MiB 3 is failing miserably.Movies do usually have huge legs in Finland, for example Risto Räppääjä was on the top 10 for over 20 weeks.

I just read that Finland's box office is up 14%. Edited by ECSTASY

lol why the fuck would Variety report that? No one in america cares. :PAnyways, it is true that a lot of movies are making a lot of money, especially finnish movies.

Not true. Variety is an Industry trade magazine. Studios always look for market potential around the globe.

• Founder / Operator

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Archiving

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

BOXOFFICE Forums Staff