baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Where are you getting 26m friday from??? Nikki says 18 and RTH is saying around 20-21.

Since when is it not possible for a popular kiddies movie to increase 35-50% on saturday?And have a low sunday drop

Since when is it not possible for a popular kiddies movie to increase 35-50% on saturday?And have a low sunday drop

Since it's a third installment. Check out TS3 and Shrek the Third. One dropped 10% on its opening Saturday, the other only increased 20%. Animated sequels don't play the same as original animation.

Just learned the "real" IMAX around here is only playing 3D version of Prometheus.. BOO! Guess I'll have to settle for regular 2D or Liemax 2D (not sure if AMC is doing IMAX 3D or 2D)...

Boo to you for not seeing it in Imax 3d! :P It's worth it!

Since it's a third installment. Check out TS3 and Shrek the Third. One dropped 10% on its opening Saturday, the other only increased 20%. Animated sequels don't play the same as original animation.

Skrek was number 4. whats the big difference?

That seems to be the exception to the rule. By and large animated sequels don't seem to have as good of Sat increases as regular animated movies.

Lorax did 70 mill on a 17,5 mill friday..Don´t tell me its NOT POSSIBLE...It may not happen.. Agree..But its possible
  • Like 1

Lorax did 70 mill on a 17,5 mill friday..Don´t tell me its NOT POSSIBLE...It may not happen.. Agree..But its possible

Lol, don't get riled up so easily, I'm not even that invested in this argument. :P I didn't say it wasn't possible, just unlikely if it's only opening around 20m for Friday. Edited by MovieMan89

It gives you some sense, yes. But it's so vague that it can be spun in almost any direction. Plus you're only getting the people who feel emphatically enough to tweet about a movie and hash-tag it.

Ok, but if the people feel emphatically enough to tweet about it won't they be emphatic enough to tell their social circle in person too? And if a person feels relatively indifferent enough to *not* tweet about it, doesn't that mean they are also indifferent to talk about it IRL too?
  • Like 1

Fuck that! 3D can suck a big one. I've officially ended it with the format. Only future exception being Avatar 2, since Avatar 1 is the only 3D film I've ever sat through without it ruining the movie.

If you're gonna give Cameron the benefit of the doubt, it's probably worth doing the same for Scott.

Lol, don't get riled up so easily, I'm not even that invested in this argument. :P I didn't say it wasn't possible, just unlikely if it's only opening around 20m for Friday.

LOL..I think i have cought the iJackSparrow flue :ph34r: