baumer

Weekend Estimates pg 60 Mad3 60.3 Prom 50.0

Lorax did 70 mill on a 17,5 mill friday..Don´t tell me its NOT POSSIBLE...It may not happen.. Agree..But its possible

Please tell me you're not comparing The Lorax in March when kids are in school and Saturday bumps are huge to Madagascar 3 in mid-June when kids are off school and openers usually stay flat or drop on Saturday...

Ok, but if the people feel emphatically enough to tweet about it won't they be emphatic enough to tell their social circle in person too? And if a person feels relatively indifferent enough to *not* tweet about it, doesn't that mean they are also indifferent to talk about it IRL too?

No, of course they would. But it's just a small sub-section of the prospective audience, and changes so dynamically, that I don't see what point in actually posting them to "prove" any sort of WOM at large.

If you're gonna give Cameron the benefit of the doubt, it's probably worth doing the same for Scott.

Cameron is the only one who proved his worthiness to me in the format so far. It's not worth it for me to shell out the bucks to give so and so a chance anymore. Maybe when they make the actual screens 3D, remove the darkness, and ditch the glasses, I'll try it again.

Please tell me you're not comparing The Lorax in March when kids are in school and Saturday bumps are huge to Madagascar 3 in mid-June when kids are off school and openers usually stay flat or drop on Saturday...

Tell that to Shrek 4

Fuck tweets, and what kind of man tweets in the first place?

Hell, if I'm really tired (or it's really dark and I can't see the bowl), I'll tweet sitting down... like a woman.Wait a minute.What the fuck is tweeting?
  • Like 1

Cameron is the only one who proved his worthiness to me in the format so far. It's not worth it for me to shell out the bucks to give so and so a chance anymore. Maybe when they make the actual screens 3D, remove the darkness, and ditch the glasses, I'll try it again.

What I meant was, if any director is equal to Cameron in technical savvy and deep understanding of cameras, visuals, and production design, it's Scott. The man knows how to work with space.... and by all accounts the 3D is superb. So it's not exactly like its a knockoff job by someone who didn't understand how to best use it, or a partial native/partial conversion deal.

I've heard that all before for almost every 3D release. Hugo, Titanic, Toy Story 3D- I tried them out and all were miserable experiences. Maybe it's just me. I'm not compatible with it.

You got recommended 3D for Titanic and TS3?!? :unsure: By whom? I guess if you really weren't impressed with Hugo's 3D though you wouldn't be with Prom's either. Hugo's 3D is better.

You got recommended 3D for Titanic and TS3?!? :unsure: By whom? I guess if you really weren't impressed with Hugo's 3D though you wouldn't be with Prom's either. Hugo's 3D is better.

All sorts of people. Hugo especially was supposed to be the 3D film that changed 3D film.. I hated it. Totally distracting. It completely takes away from the film IMO. I can't take a movie seriously wearing those stupid fucking glasses, and especially not when the blurry screen looks BETTER when I take them off to rest my eyes :lol:

All sorts of people. Hugo especially was supposed to be the 3D film that changed 3D film.. I hated it. Totally distracting. It completely takes away from the film IMO. I can't take a movie seriously wearing those stupid fucking glasses, and especially not when the blurry screen looks BETTER when I take them off to rest my eyes :lol:

TS3's 3D was useless so it troubles me to know people were recommending the 3D in that one. Titanic's was OK for a conversion I suppose, but it was still pretty non-existent to me. It seemed like they only converted a few scenes well and left out the rest. Hugo does have a lot of 3D effects with things really popping out at you and looking super dimensional in a way they don't in most movies, so I guess I can see how some people might not like that and find it distracting. I thought it was cool. As for Prometheus its 3D is much more like Avatar's than Hugo's. It's the kind that immerses you in the world, not really the pop out kind. Edited by MovieMan89