lab276

The Universal Thread | Dreamworks Animation seeing layoffs, set to outsource their work

Another Secret Garden? One of my favorites.  Del Toro's take should be interesting.

Funny I just watched the 1993 version recently and have been stuck on that soundtrack for days.

eta:  Meh, Del Toro is not directing this. American south?

Edited by ECSTASY

THR: Last summer's Bourne Legacy grossed $276.1 million worldwide without Matt Damon -- good, not great. What's your plan for the Bourne property?

Fogelson: The point of the last movie was to create a universe, a world and characters that give us a lot of freedom and flexibility in how we go forward. Yeah, the movie didn't perform the way the last one did. It also didn't cost what the last one did. It performed more along the lines of how the first one did. I absolutely see us doing more Bourne, 100 percent yes. Matt has talked about the possibility of coming back, and we totally respect that and are excited if and when he wants to have conversations. But I think the last movie gave us a big bunch of options to pursue a next chapter.

What?

Budget:

125.0 M THE BOURNE LEGACY

110.0 M THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM

Maybe Bourne Ultimatum cost more than they reported? I don't know but if that's not the case then he's just blowing smoke to justify BL box office take.

Edited by ECSTASY

Maybe Bourne Ultimatum cost more than they reported? I don't know but if that's not the case then he's just blowing smoke to justify BL box office take.

Who knows what the true costs since most studios rarely report. Maybe its not as profitable, if Damon took a cut off the gross. But yeah I think it's spin control for BL.

re: less than successful BL.

Maybe it is the locale. A similarly themed film, MI:GP has an exotic, most glamorous location, and the inventive action sequence set around it. BL has seedy, grimy, odorous Manila streets as the exotic spot. That turn people off. Sure, the Morocco & Moscow locations in the other Bourne movies are not really glamorous but they are charming in their own way. BL is a more socially conscious movie showing the exploitative sweatshop in Asia but people want to see superheroes climbing skyscrapers without rope not a political commentary. Call Michael Moore if you want to do political docudrama.

http://collider.com/pitch-perfect-2-sequel-2015-release-date/ http://collider.com/fast-furious-7-release-date/ http://collider.com/snow-white-huntsman-sequel-2015-release-date/

UniSEQUEL Studios.

Fast 7 (2014), Snow White 2 (2015), Bourne 5, Ted 2 (2014-15), Pitch Perfect 2 (2015).

I have noticed lately, Universal has been handling comedies better than any other studio. Hopefully they find some original comedies in the next few years instead of Ted 3, 4, and PP 3.