Jack Nevada

Anna Karenina

I've heard that KK was absolutely terrible in that Cronenberg movie.

people were :rofl: during those first 20 minutes where she was basically acting like she always does but to nth degree of OTT. All her regular tics x 100000000000000000. Edited by fishnets

I have liked some of her recent films like Never Let Me Go and i think she has the ability to pull this off and i haven't seen enough work of Romola Garai to form an opinion about her, maybe she is brilliant.

Romola has depth as an actress imo. Keira is okay but I just don't think she is right for this part. Anna Karenina has so much depth of soul and it requires someone who can hit all of the right notes. Keira is enjoyable enough and I guess it all depends on how Joe Wright makes this. But anyway, I'll watch it.As far as Romola Garai goes, I can't say that she is totally brilliant but she does have a certain maturity about her that would fit Anna Karenina well. If you want to see her work check out the Crimson Petal and the White it's a made for tv BBC drama.

I assume this ends up getting a wide release, but it was limited when I last checked. Until it actually does get a wide release, any predictions of success are premature. If it does, then it should do fairly well, but nowhere near the King's Speech numbers.

It should be well-crafted, well-acted, well-directed, total Oscar bait, total Oscar caliber, yet boring. This is exactly the kind of period movie that the critics won't hate. They sure don't like the other types.

KK has only one facial expression on all those photos from at least 3 different scenes. Geez. :rolleyes:

LOL that reminds me of watching her in Dr. Zhivago when she cried it looked she was laughing.She looks pretty though. I hope she does well in this but it looks like she may be over her head.But she's acting opposite Aaron Johnson so it may be a wash.This has got to be the weirdest casting for Anna Karenina I have ever seen, lol.I do like Jude Law, Olivia Williams and Matthew McFadyen casting though.

Romola has depth as an actress imo. Keira is okay but I just don't think she is right for this part. Anna Karenina has so much depth of soul and it requires someone who can hit all of the right notes. Keira is enjoyable enough and I guess it all depends on how Joe Wright makes this. But anyway, I'll watch it.As far as Romola Garai goes, I can't say that she is totally brilliant but she does have a certain maturity about her that would fit Anna Karenina well.If you want to see her work check out the Crimson Petal and the White it's a made for tv BBC drama.

Have you read the book? Edited by Fakhir

It should be well-crafted, well-acted, well-directed, total Oscar bait, total Oscar caliber, yet boring. This is exactly the kind of period movie that the critics won't hate. They sure don't like the other types.

But bloggers will!

Poster is pretty bad as well as the tagline "an epic story of love". LOL how generic.The gigantic AK in the background looks so out of place. Should be a little more old fashioned imo. Not really capturing the feeling of old Russia.Having said that, I am interested but enough to see it in the theaters.

"As a result of his reading of Orlando Figes' 2002 history of the Russian aristocracy 'Natasha's Dance' -- that Wright says 'described them as living their lives upon a stage, that it was all a performance' -- the director decided to shoot the majority of his Russian epic on and around a single location, a run-down theater built from scratch at Shepperton Studios outside London.

Inspired by his idea that the book is 'about the search for the authentic life,' the film will see the world of Anna, her husband Karenin and her lover Count Vronsky intrude on this theatrical setting, with full-size trains running through one moment and the 'stage' converted into an ice rink the next. Other rooms will connect directly to the theater, while toy trains and dollhouses will represent exterior locations. As Wright says, 'There is a fluid linearity. You can walk from one house under the 'stage' straight onto the horse training ground.' Producer Paul Webster (EASTERN PROMISES) adds, 'We are creating true cinema, this elastic universe. You can go through a door and you've even got a Russian landscape.'"

Hmmmm..

The quote from JoBlo.com

Hmmmm..The quote from JoBlo.com

Yeah I just read that on IMDB here's what a poster says about that approach. It is an interesting approach by the way."It was okay. Visually amazing, but I didn't really 'like' it. You'll be blown away by how beautifully it's executed. I've never seen anything like it. But overall? Wasn't a fan. Plotting was far to fragmented and confusing. Sure you'll all love it though. I went into it from a very different perspective. I'd never read the book, neither did I know much about the plot. I thought this was why I found it so hard to follow, but I've concluded that the very unusual yet unique execution of the film visually (being placed in a theatre set) made it quite overwhelming when switching between characters. This is ironic, because the scene transitions are so seamless and clever-it's both works in the films favour and does not. But I'd overall conclude that Anna's story seemed to become quite filtered and lost amoughst everything else that was going on (and there is lots).Keira was fantastic. I most certainly see some acclaim for her in regards of awards. Matthew Macfadyen was my favourite though. He completely owns the screen and has a fantastic presense about him.I went into it from a very different perspective. I'd never read the book, neither did I know much about the plot. I thought this was why I found it so hard to follow, but I've concluded that the very unusual yet unique execution of the film visually (being placed in a theatre set) made it quite overwhelming when switching between characters. This is ironic, because the scene transitions are so seamless and clever-it's both works in the films favour and does not. But I'd overall conclude that Anna's story seemed to become quite filtered and lost amoughst everything else that was going on (and there is lots).Keira was fantastic. I most certainly see some acclaim for her in regards of awards. Matthew Macfadyen was my favourite though. He completely owns the screen and has a fantastic presense about him."