Jack Nevada

Anna Karenina

Looks well crafted, might garner a couple acting noms but that's it. I admire Wright for trying to experiment with such a stuffy genre, but I think it might be a futile effort because it still looks stuffy. Hard to get excited for something like this when you have Tarantino, P.T. Anderson, and a Spielberg/Day-Lewis collaboration in the awards race.

Amen.

This will be loved by bloggers because it`s an experiment...until it stars getting serious tracking with precursors over TDKR and Django. Than blogger support will turn to backlash but too late. Same story over and over again.

I'm not that impressed with Wright as a director. His non-Keira movies are a mess. The Soloist and Hanna were awful.anyways the trailer looks great visually but I still have a problem with the cast. Jude Law is too attractive for his role and Aaron Johnson is not attractive enough. Knightley looks like she's doing the same jaw acting in the trailer.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPGLRO3fZnQ

Looks pretty good, I like Joe Wright and Keira Knightley/Jude Law, I'm not sure if I would see it in theaters though. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine that any period piece has to default to English accent. One of the reasons I was looking forward to this is an interest in Russian culture/literature/history and from watching the trailer, you wouldn't even know it was a Russian story.

I hope it bombs regardless because I don`t want KK to be in a hit. She cna win Oscar if she wants cause that would be 2 Star Wars actresses winning Best Actress vs only one LOTR who won only BSA.

LMAO :lol: :lol:I love your reasoning for these things. As much as you dislike The Jaw she'll never touch Shitto hate..
  • Like 1

Looks pretty good, I like Joe Wright and Keira Knightley/Jude Law, I'm not sure if I would see it in theaters though. It's kind of a pet peeve of mine that any period piece has to default to English accent. One of the reasons I was looking forward to this is an interest in Russian culture/literature/history and from watching the trailer, you wouldn't even know it was a Russian story.

True but it may still be good in its own way.

Dr. Zhivago is a better bet because it is set during the Russian revolution.

Also, The Last Station is a pretty good as well.

True but it may still be good in its own way. Dr. Zhivago is a better bet because it is set during the Russian revolution.Also, The Last Station is a pretty good as well.

Didn`t 15 years old or similar underage KK play lara in TV Dr Zhivago and got naked? her underage nakedness launched her, that and mom and dad from the industry.

I'm not that impressed with Wright as a director. His non-Keira movies are a mess. The Soloist and Hanna were awful.anyways the trailer looks great visually but I still have a problem with the cast. Jude Law is too attractive for his role and Aaron Johnson is not attractive enough. Knightley looks like she's doing the same jaw acting in the trailer.

Jude Law doesn't look attractive in these clips to me. Aaron Johnson looks attractive enough. I do like Sophie Marceau and Sean Bean in those roles though but the movie fell short.I wouldn't have cast Keira Knightley as Anna but looking at these clips I can see why he did it. It wasn't for her acting but for her beauty and how it blends in with his vision.

Didn`t 15 years old or similar underage KK play lara in TV Dr Zhivago and got naked? her underage nakedness launched her, that and mom and dad from the industry.

Yep she was young. I actually think she was a better actress when she was younger.

I agree, there should be more bears, balalaikas and vodka./s Edited by telcontar

Would you have preferred for them to attempt Russian accents a la Dragon Tattoo?

Agree about the accents but back then the Russian Aristocracy spoke a lot of french. So it would have been some french accents mixed in with Russian if you want authenticity.

Yes, and no English speaking. I mena, it isn`t like AK is gonna be a TF-size hit. It`s for AMPAS and art-housies only. So they should be OK with french-accented Russian language. I mena, they sit through foreign films to select nominees so this isn`t different.

I swear to God that it took me a while to believe that KK and that chick from Superman Returns was not the same person. They even have the same amount of expressions: 2. I don't know what it is about KK that comes across--to me--as so fake, forced, and unconvincing.

Edited by cochofles

I don`t think that foreign accent gives any autheticity. Russians speak Russian, not English with Russian accent. Either go full Gibson or don`t bother.

It's down to preference, obviously, I just don't understand why these people get paid millions if they can't pull off an accent other than English or American. Better yet if the film was actually in native language but obviously that's not going to happen. But this is IMO like if they made a Queen Elizabeth movie and she had an American accent. We'd never hear the end of it!