Anna Karenina

Anna Karenina

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Directed by Joe Wright

Screenplay by Tom Stoppard, based on the classic novel by Leo Tolstoy

Starring Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Aaron Johnson, Olivia Williams

One of the biggest Oscar-candidates of the year. Couldnt found a good plot summary of Anna Karenina, but I've heard its big, epic, rambling and involves russians.

I've seen pretty much every version of this story. I think the BBC mini series was about as good as it has gotten. The novel is just to big for screen imo. There are parallel stories involving a male protagonist as well as female protagonist. Beautiful and tragic story. Joe Wright did a good job with Austen's Pride and Prejudice so I think he will do a good job adapting this one. I'm not sure Keira Knightley is the best choice for the lead role but she does look good in period garb, lol. I just hope they don't leave out much of the story.

Joe Wright adapted Pride and Prejudice brilliantly so hopeful he will adapt this one skillfully too. And Keira Knightley is the go to lady for period pieces.

She's the go to lady but is she the best choice for Anna? I don't know about that. I would have chose Romola Garai before Keira. Keira is a bigger name though.

No, I was just being cruel... But Karenina as a story has not the potential of Austens Pride and Prejudice, which made 120 mio USD worldwide.And Knightley was still somehow a star when this movie was made, which is over now. I would say 80 mio USD worldwide would be extremely well.

She's the go to lady but is she the best choice for Anna? I don't know about that. I would have chose Romola Garai before Keira. Keira is a bigger name though.

I have liked some of her recent films like Never Let Me Go and i think she has the ability to pull this off and i haven't seen enough work of Romola Garai to form an opinion about her, maybe she is brilliant.