Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

It's for @charlie Jatinder

The Indian Movie Santosh take the lead of newcomers at Paris 2PM thie Wednesday.

BUT it's a flop for Twisters who doesn't finish in number 1 with very low numbers 😬. I hope in province it's better because he will not finish in top 4 !!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

It's for @charlie Jatinder

The Indian Movie Santosh take the lead of newcomers at Paris 2PM thie Wednesday.

BUT it's a flop for Twisters who doesn't finish in number 1 with very low numbers 😬. I hope in province it's better because he will not finish in top 4 !!!

I have no idea what film this is lol.

Thanks though.

Top 5 movies thiw week (10-16th July) :

1) : DM4 : 1,15M (1,4M with previews) ; 294K this Mon/Tue

2) : Le Count of MonteCristo :  1,076M (-16%) - 3,539M ; 300K Mon/Tue (+21%)

3) : IO2 : 860K ( -46%) - 6,296M ; 218K Mon/Tue (-29%)

4) : Un P'tit Truc en Plus : 310K (-34%)- 9,198M ; 102K Mon/Tue (=)

5) : AQP Day One : 104K (-56%)  - 740K ; 25K (-24%)

Good beginning for DM4, in line with Minions 2 with previews (1,36M) , a little behind without (1,27M) BUT DM4 has much better Mon/Tue than Minions 2 (294K vs 216K) , so depending of week 2 , i expect better hold and legs for this one.

Great hold for The Count , the same analysis than i made in the last page.

IO2 suffer logically of DM4 and worst hold this week at same point than Toy Story 4 (-35%) but the latter had no competition that week contrary to the former . It's the same drop than Incredibles 2 (976K ; -47%) . If it plays like Minions 2 , Toy Story 4 or Incredibles 2 ; he will finish between 8,4M-8,9M (around the same projection than last week).

Un P'tit Truc en Plus surpassed the 9M admissions , only 800K for 10M !!! If the hold are a little better ( like -25% drop) i think he could surpass this mark.

Finally AQP will finish around 900K admissions ,LongLegs and Moon begin at number 7 and 8 behind Horizon with 70K and 60K .

This Week : Twisters but if you see the top of this page , he doesn't look good . I think TOP 3 will be the same but not at the same order ( i expect The Count take the crown of DM4) . Number 4 or 5 for Twisters at this point with 200-250K admissions.

Edited by Grand Cine
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's very strange the results of International this week.

IO2 made around 7,5M between last Sunday and now .

DM4 made 5,7M in the same time .

Also with my calculations , DM4 made around 430K admissions so around -50% drop without previews , around -61% with previews , which is impossible for me.

AND IO2 is behind DM4 in admissions so i don't know how interpret this results ?

Edited by Grand Cine
  • Like 2

Top 10 Weekend :

1) : The Count of MonteCristo : 724K (-7%) - 4,264M

2) : DM4 : 580K (-32%) - 1,98M

3) : IO2 : 424K (-34%) - 6,721M

4) : Twisters : 250K

5) : Un P'tit Truc en plus : 175K (-16%) - 9,373M

Good hold for Animation movies , great for French movies specially for The Count

Edited by Grand Cine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

July will be very good.

Last year, thanks to Barbie and Oppenheimer, there was 18,22M admissions in July (compared to 16,69M for the period 2017-2019), a fantastic result.  I  think it will be  better this year, i expect 19M admissions.

Top 5 this week

1) : The Count of MonteCristo : 992K (-8%) - 4,532M

2) : DM4 : 786K (-44% ; -32% without previews) - 2,186M

3) : IO2 : 576K (-33%) - 6,872M

4) : Twisters : 291K

5) : Un P'tit Truc en Plus : 256K (-18%) - 9,454M

Incredible hold for The Count of MonteCristo , 6M sounds locked . Good hold for DM4 better than Minions 2 (655K ; -52%) . Good chance th surpass 4M admissions. 7M soon for IO2. Meh beginning for Twisters. Un P'tit Truc en plus again in top 5 in for his 12th week !!! Good chance to surpass 10M .

This Week : D&W like everybody . Don't watch Paris numbers it's low but with Olympics and Summer Time it's normal. Also Olympics will affect box office specially Friday with Opener Ceremony , which I expect big drop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I'm wondering if Paris Olympic will affect this weekend or even next few weeks. Maybe longer run for D&W?

Clearly Friday with Opener Ceremony . For the rest of the two weeks, with popular sports in Prime Time like Judo , Fencing , Football swimming or all team sports , he has a good chance to impact box office .

• Like 1