Olive

Official France Box Office Thread

I went to see La Cage Dorée today. I loved it. Kinda normal since I am portuguese, it was hilarious and emotional :lol:

I heard it did well in France. What can you guys tell me about that? Did anyone saw it from the people here?

Admissionsin 2011 : 216 millionin 2012 : 203mForecasts 2013 : 190m What a drop o_o

Potential -6.4%, which really isn't too bad. But that's what happens in developed markets, they go up and down but mostly stand still. 2009-2012 were unusually good years and now it's returning to normal. 190m would still be one of the ten biggest years since 1980.

Potential -6.4%, which really isn't too bad. But that's what happens in developed markets, they go up and down but mostly stand still. 2009-2012 were unusually good years and now it's returning to normal. 190m would still be one of the ten biggest years since 1980.

The French box office couldn't escape to the crisis much longer, like Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece.

The French box office couldn't escape to the crisis much longer, like Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece.

I think it's more a case of missing mega-blockbusters. You can't plan something like "Intouchables" or "Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis" - such things happen, and boom - you got a strong year because some breakout comedy gets 15 or 20 mil admissions.