Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

I was with one of my friends who REALLY HATES animated movies. Like, total hatred (she found Frozen, TS3 and all others unappealing) but tagged along with us because it was everone's choice.

It was the best animated movie for her! Like, it was the only animated movie she liked. She said she never saw that much total package in an animated film til BH6. With the total laugh out loud, emotions and action, it was a complete package as she said. I was soooo happy. It's a sign ya'll!

• Like 4

BAHLALALALA!

It was the best!

and the low-bat/drunk Baymax was a total thumbs up! I also found the Baymax/Hiro flying scene to be very gorgeous. I was even bummed when it ended lol

This is probably the most immersive and technically best WDAS film. Like, San Fransokyo was a total knock out. It even helped that the story was so intact, a fully-realized that it left no loose ends or plotholes (unlike Frozen).

• Like 1

I just had a fun discussion about BH6 with my best friend's sons, 6 and 4 years old. When I asked them how the movie was, they couldn't stop talking about it. And they REALLY loved the

*fist bump* fa-la-la-la

thing. They did it with me over and over again and laughed every time we did it. :D

I agree, I can see great box office result in Japan. Not because of the Japanese elements in the movie, but because of the movie itself, how emotional it is.

After watching the movie, I think the Japanese trailer was actually a bit closer to the mark.  It was far more centered around Hiro and Baymax, and had a large focus on the emotional aspect.  I do think that the Japanese audiences will like that.

A Few Months Ago:

"What's this sorcery? You think Big Hero 6 will beat Interstellar on opening weekend? You're crazy."

Now:

"Haaaaaaaaaaaah."

Okay, that's enough gloating for me.

And all the rabid Nolan fans over in IMDb all cried. . .BOOO HOOOOO!

Edited by Yandereprime
  • Like 1

Now this needs to broaden its appeal outside the families.

I think some good WOM will help.  It got the family viewings first, obviously, but I think people also assumed it would be more kiddish and might not have gone right away.  I was surprised to see how many families had teens with them as well as smaller kids, so hopefully it'll spread to that high school and college age crowd.

• Like 1

Who said here girls are not interested in BH6?? LOL

Or moms bringing their sons along because their dad's are busy watching Interstellar.  ;)

But yeah, I think girls will find Baymax just too damn cute as well.  

56.2M OW and about a 15% bump from Frozen.  Not too shabby with another big opener that got a ton of buildup as well.  Amazingly enough, my Interstellar viewing had a surprising number of older kids.  

• Like 1

Or moms bringing their sons along because their dad's are busy watching Interstellar.   ;)

But yeah, I think girls will find Baymax just too damn cute as well.  

56.2M OW and about a 15% bump from Frozen.  Not too shabby with another big opener that got a ton of buildup as well.  Amazingly enough, my Interstellar viewing had a surprising number of older kids.  

Did the kids enjoy it?  3 hours is asking a lot of most kids.

• Like 1