Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

So did Fullbuster/Hiro Hamada finally watch the movie?? He's been anticipating it since Shirley Temple tunes were charting.

Shirley-Temple-Little-Miss-Wonde-456663.

Ahaha indeed :D

I anticipated this for such a long time, however I was so busy with my college studies (it's hell, really) I just couldn't watch until today!

And now I FINALLY WATCHED IT!!!!!! :wub:

OH...MY...GOD!! I really REALLY loved it!

In my opinion it was the best WDAS movie since The Lion King. I loved Frozen guys but sorry to hurt the feelings of hardcore Frozen fans but BH6 is clearly BETTER! Technically Frozen was beautiful but pretty empty most of the time, just frozen plains and trees but BH6 created a perfect mix of US/Japanese cultures in a very lively and detailled city, and the characters are really realistic in some way, they act very naturally and you really can feel what they feel. It's pure ART B)

And I liked the bad guy he was very powerful, of course it just stole Hiro's invention and he's pretty old but I liked him in that role, still more original than Krei as a bad guy (too obvious ^^). And all this sadness with Hiro losing his brother and then Baymax, in itself it's probably the saddest WDAS movie, but it's still epic and moving.

I'll tell more in my review, now I give 10/10 or A+ :D

Thank You Disney for this incredible moment.

Baymax, I'm more than satisfied with your care :lol:

Edited by Hiro Hamada
  • Like 5

Visual Effects Society Awards are currently going on. Big Hero 6 has won 4 awards so far (with 1 more still possible)

http://deadline.com/2015/02/ves-awards-winners-2015-visual-effects-society-award-winner-list-1201366460/#

Most impressive so far is that it won for Outstanding Models in any media project, where it was going up against Hobbit and Transformers.

It's absolutely wonderful, I'm glad, it deserves to win as much awards as possible :)

Edited by Hiro Hamada
  • Like 1

Yeah, and it's totally logical and a good thing.

You're weird...

Ok so can we just stop this now before it grows into a fight? Yes some people really liked the movie while for some it just didn't hit the right cord. Lets let everyone have their own opinions because arguing over them isn't going to change them.

Ok so can we just stop this now before it grows into a fight? Yes some people really liked the movie while for some it just didn't hit the right cord. Lets let everyone have their own opinions because arguing over them isn't going to change them.

While I agree with you in theory, it is impossible to prove with absolute certainty a negative.  Therefore in the interest of science I do say one thing.  Let Them Fight!

While I agree with you in theory, it is impossible to prove with absolute certainty a negative. Therefore in the interest of science I do say one thing. Let Them Fight!

No, a healthy discussion is perfectly ok. People may post their opinions or reviews and others may ask "why" or "how" over certain points indeed. But to call people "weird" or "sad" or to tell them to go get a life just because they don't like a certain movie or their opinions don't match with yours is, well... sad.

Btw I myself really liked the movie so I'm not saying this just because I was personally offended or something.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1

No, a healthy discussion is perfectly ok. People may post their opinions or reviews and others may ask "why" or "how" over certain points indeed. But to call people "weird" or "sad" or to tell them to go get a life just because they don't like a certain movie or their opinions don't match with yours is, well... sad.

Btw I myself really liked the movie so I'm not saying this just because I was personally offended or something.

There is just one thing to say : Big Hero 6 on Rotten Tomatoes = 90%

Just sayin' B):wub:

• Like 2

BH6 is a solid animated movie, but faaaaaaar from being a masterpiece. Sure, visuals are incredible, but it has its bunch of mediocre elements: the 'other 4' are one-dimentional characters introduced in an embarassingly didascalic way (à la Atlantis), Hiro's aunt is such an uninspired (and not to mention, annoying) character, and it just feels fake, the second half of the movie falls into the averageness of sh movies and is very predictable on pretty much every level. And probably more.

It deserves even more than a 90% on RT because it's very hard to argue this is not at least a decent film (critics who went sub-C aren't reliable), but on the other hand, it's very hard for a non-teen or non-kid to give it a perfect score or close to that. I enjoyed very much, but it's flaws are undeniable.

• Like 4

BH6 is a solid animated movie, but faaaaaaar from being a masterpiece. Sure, visuals are incredible, but it has its bunch of mediocre elements: the 'other 4' are one-dimentional characters introduced in an embarassingly didascalic way (à la Atlantis), Hiro's aunt is such an uninspired (and not to mention, annoying) character, and it just feels fake, the second half of the movie falls into the averageness of sh movies and is very predictable on pretty much every level. And probably more.

It deserves even more than a 90% on RT because it's very hard to argue this is not at least a decent film (critics who went sub-C aren't reliable), but on the other hand, it's very hard for a non-teen or non-kid to give it a perfect score or close to that. I enjoyed very much, but it's flaws are undeniable.

Your opinion is commendable and respectable, of course.

However I must be clear : I'm 27 and I give it a perfect score ;)

And :

BIGHERO6_PP_DaniB.jpg

• Like 1

Why would it be there otherwise?

To actually evoke genuine emotion?

When Tadashi was introduced, my friend whispered to me, "Yeah, he's going to die in ten minutes." The bait-and-switch was obvious from the start as well. Besides the art direction, everything in this movie was pulled from older and better WDAS and Marvel movies. It just didn't feel fresh to me at all.

• Like 2