Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Remember that last 2010, Toy Story 3 won the Oscar BUT Annie Award was given to HTTYD, which Annie Award is much reliable when it comes to animation.

Uh, no they aren't. They lost all credibility when they went with Kung Fu Panda over WALL-E, and they were widely believed to be in Dreamworks' pocket during that time period. Disney/Pixar didn't campaign at all for the 2010 awards out of protest.

Question Brave's win if you want, but the Oscars get it right the vast majority of the time.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 3

The second trailer was shown during my GotG viewing.  It got a great reaction.  They really liked the scotch tape scene.  Baymax is going to be big

Same with mine.

The Marvel mention was almost blink and you'll miss it, though.

Maybe this era (2010's) can be called as Disney's CGI Renaissance and the 90's as Disney's 2D Renaissance, for distinction while 2000's as Disney's Baroque period???

Well, Home on the Range did scream Vivaldi.

The trailer that actually played in the theater tonight before GOTG did indeed have a brief "inspired by Marvel characters" card thrown in towards the end of it.

Yay!  :lol: Maybe that card will have an Elsa-like journey from being non-existent in the initial marketing to being featured least prominently to more prominently with each successive promo and poster.

So you'd rather it be delayed a year just so its trailer could be attached to Avengers?

No. What gave you that impression I wanted it delayed? I was just disappointed the stars didn't align perfectly for BH6's marketing team.

Edited by Mojoguy

So when will the BH6 characters start appearing in the Disney Parks? I'm curious which characters are they going to pick to represent the movie.

Posted Image

Are they aloud to have BH6 characters at Disney World since they are Marvel?

I'm assuming it will be Hiro and Baymax that will be at the meet and greets, or it will be Hiro and Honey Lemon if they want to throw a girl into it.

They will be masked characters because the more cartoony characters and teenage characters all end up being masked. No way Disney will pay for the whole team. Anna and Elsa were original sceduled to meet fans until the end of January, but they ended up being extended because of popularity. Disney is pretty cheap when it comes to this stuff.

Are they aloud to have BH6 characters at Disney World since they are Marvel?

Marvel only gave Universal the exclusive rights to all of the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Spider-man characters and the associated villains. I would assume Guardians of the Galaxy and BH6 aren't part of the deal.

The deal is pretty terrible because Universal's parks gets to keep using the characters no matter how well the movies do, the contract is “renewable in perpetuity as long as Marvel is paid a reasonable licensing fee every year", not even the powerful Disney lawyers can find a loophole to get the characters back for the parks. This situation is a mess and similar to the rights issues with Spider-man and X-men in the movies with SONY and FOX.

• Like 1

Marvel only gave Universal the exclusive rights to all of the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic 4 and Spider-man characters and the associated villains. I would assume Guardians of the Galaxy and BH6 aren't part of the deal. The deal is pretty terrible because Universal's parks gets to keep using the characters no matter how well the movies do, the contract is “renewable in perpetuity as long as Marvel is paid a reasonable licensing fee every year", not even the powerful Disney lawyers can find a loophole to get the characters back for the parks. This situation is a mess and similar to the rights issues with Spider-man and X-men in the movies with SONY and FOX.

Okay. I hope they are not apart of the terrible deal.