diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

First FridaysTF3 471kSecretly Greatly 528kIM3 487kTDKR 503kThe Host 427kSnowpiercer 621k

And elfialtes posted that Avatar did 602k. (Edit: so it's the 2nd Friday, nvm)Sounds like the Friday record is in the bag for Snowpiercer to me. How about Sat record? The number for Snowpiercer will be massive, should get that record too. Edited by Sam

And elfialtes posted that Avatar did 602k. (Edit: so it's the 2nd Friday, nvm)Sounds like the Friday record is in the bag for Snowpiercer to me.How about Sat record? The number for Snowpiercer will be massive, should get that record too.

Transformers 3:956,500

Transformers 3:956,500

Thank you.Wow, that's big. Almost 1M admissions in a day. Snowpiercer will need to jump about 55% to match that number. It's of course doable, but considering how big all three days had been, Sat jump could be softer. I still expect it to take the record though, and if it does 1M+ on Sat, that'll be incredible.

Thank you.Wow, that's big. Almost 1M admissions in a day. Snowpiercer will need to jump about 55% to match that number. It's of course doable, but considering how big all three days had been, Sat jump could be softer. I still expect it to take the record though, and if it does 1M+ on Sat, that'll be incredible.

Last year adult movies increased around 40%

860,000-880,000

And elfialtes posted that Avatar did 602k. (Edit: so it's the 2nd Friday, nvm)

Sounds like the Friday record is in the bag for Snowpiercer to me.

How about Sat record? The number for Snowpiercer will be massive, should get that record too.

All I know is I purchased a ticket at 7:45pm on friday for a 3:40pm Saturday showing and the best seats available were C15 and C16

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 3

All I know is I purchased a ticket at 7:45pm on friday for a 3:40pm Saturday showing and the best seats available were C15 and C16

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome. I hope the seats ain't too bad.

Do you think the movie is adult-driven? I would think it appeals to the young crowd too.

1.6+0.860+0.790=3.25 mio admissionsTransformers 3 did 3.356 mio...

Oh, I see, thanks. Let's see how Sat number is then.Wow, TF3 was a monster in SK on OW. But its total ended around 7.7M admissions, iirc. That's pretty frontloaded. Edited by Sam

117.3M admissions  from January 1st to July 31st

+12.6% from 2012.

It's unbelievable given its 50-million population :o It's a bit more than France I think (and France = 65m inhabitants).

This can't last very long given its population and fast aging but still I'm impressed it still can grow so much this year, 2012 were astonishing already!