diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

19 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Okay, then do any of these mean IMAX:

FtOYrEP.png

I know SphereX is Screen X (the 270º thing) as that has the logo I recognise

As far as I know IMAX screens are denoted as such there is no real equivalent hence the crazy demand. 

19 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Added about 340 from 2Ds last 24 hrs. Olive had PLFs as about 11% of BO, but we seem to see in other markets that PS rush for them is even more intense. With maybe 90k PLF in the first 6 hours and 170k 2D, over 1M by end of day 3 looks about right to me.

:hahaha:   

Can’t believe I underestimated this movie’s presales again. Crazed marvel Stan and still I am never learning.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Fish&chips said:

This is the frustrated part of me speaking  but I bet a significant portion of the presold tickets will wind up on the black market

seems no IMAX 2D either...

Presale Comparisons: South Korea Spreadsheet

Today marked the release of premium formats (3D, IMAX, Screen X etc...), and with this provided a huge surge around 5:30-7:30 local time, causing Endgame to have a larger gain today than yesterday (in absolute terms). However it did slow down after that and didn't quite match Infinity War's final presales.

IW has the current record with 1.156m tickets presold, and Endgame is currently on track to demolish that with O/U 2m tickets. It also flew past Age of Ultron today which finished just shy of 1m tickets.

In terms of screens, IW had around 2,500 screens during opening week. Endgame currently has 2,116 screens and will certainly finish above Infinity War.

Finally, since they released premium formats, we've seen that CGV (major SK chain) had their site crash... again! But also most IMAX seats are already sold out (or very near to) well into the weekend.

As usual the comparison below between Avengers movies:

d7qadckue1t21.png
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

I wish I could go back in time to IW presales with this knowledge. It would be so fun, everyone freaking out about 500k on D-04 and you just say “you ain’t seen nothin’, these are little baby presales.” Guaranteed fun in every country thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1