baumer

Note about Spiderman midnights

ASM has some shows in Toronto before midnight. I'm not sure if it's like this in the US, but it's definitely happening here. Now here's the conundrum. I there is no official separation from early shows before midnight to midnight, then these Monday evening shows will obviously count towards midnight. But if there is a distinct separation reported, then the Monday evening show will not count towards midnight. This might be a Matrix Reloaded case all over again. This is just a heads up. I'm going to use Boxoffice.com AND boxofficemojo.com as the site of record. So whatever they report, that's what we'll go with. If one of these sites report Monday numbers, they are not counting towards midnight.Thanks

So since it is being reported that Spider Man made $7.5M during midnight showings, what is the answer to "Will ASM make more than $7.5M at midnight?" Or will we get actual figures for midnight showings at some point?

So since it is being reported that Spider Man made $7.5M during midnight showings, what is the answer to "Will ASM make more than $7.5M at midnight?" Or will we get actual figures for midnight showings at some point?

The answer is NO, it did not make more than 7.5 mill at midnight. I don't think they ever report an actual for midnight.

I think the answer is YES.

The answer is NO. Did it make more than 7.5? The question was not will it make 7.5 mill or more, the question was will it make more than 7.5 mill.
  • Like 1

The answer is NO. Did it make more than 7.5? The question was not will it make 7.5 mill or more, the question was will it make more than 7.5 mill.

Well, $7.5m is the same as $7,500,000. So if we get actuals, and it's $7,500,001; then the answer is Yes.

Well, $7.5m is the same as $7,500,000. So if we get actuals, and it's $7,500,001; then the answer is Yes.

That is as close to an actual as it will get. There is never an official number down to the dollar.

I agree with baumer, plus I have no doubt that the real midnight number was less than $7.5m and they rounded it up to make it match SM3 ( :wiggle:).

They could have lowered SM3 midnight a bit more instead...