Moviedweeb

SAT/Wkd Numbers (EST TASM $23.8m(+15%)/$65m; Savages $5.6m(-2%)/$16.2m; KP 2.5m(-8%)/7.2m

I find it funny that druv criticizes Loki for lacking the physical component and then goes onto say that's why he doesn't beat Joker and Magneto. Um say what? Those were even less physical villains than Loki!

Jack refers to TDKR Bane as Midget Bane. According to Jack, TDK Joker might as well have been Scrawny Joker.

Loki has never been a physical combatant first.I think of him as The Riddler(kinda, a gamesman anyway) wrapped into the power of a god. He's shown he can fight, he just prefers to manipulate you first. Thus by causing you doubt he's already cracked your shell...so to speak.

Yea, he may be a rag doll to Hulk, but he's proved himself to be equal physically to fellow demigod Thor, and that he can subdue Captain America the supersoldier easily along with every other human on the planet. Edited by Jay Beezy

I was just going to say that, Thanos has the potential to be 100x the villian Loki is.

Yeah.... he is the thing I am most excited about in Avengers 2.... a stronger villain is the only area with room of improvement from Avengers.

IMO Thanos had more intimidating presence in Avengers than Loki. :)

Agreed, and while grey ghost brings up a pretty valid point here:

The Joker was always a better viillain than Loki and Loki was always better than the Lizard.It's natural for somewhat accurate comic book movies to reflect the same hierarchy.

I think that while Joker, Ock, Goblin and Loki are heavy hitter villains in comics, it's natural people will say that Lizard isn't "better" than them, but I don't know if it's because I had lowered my expectations for him because of people bad mouthing or from the stills, but just like the Hulk before him I think that Lizard is pretty bad ass as the villain, providing an enemy that a rookie Spider-Man had some real problems to defeat it and I eat it up his motivation more than I ever thought that I could.

There are almost a metaphore with drugs with the Lizard. When Connors uses it the formula, he is still brilliant, but high and drunk in power, that's why it made so believable to me, more than it ever did in comics. I'm actually really impressed how much the film makes me care about him, I hope Connors get to play a role in the sequels too.

Yeah.... he is the thing I am most excited about in Avengers 2.... a stronger villain is the only area with room of improvement from Avengers.

I actually think that in Avengers 2, he might only have like a shadow presence in the film, but never appearing on screen, before making his big reveal in Avengers 3.

I think you shouldn't hold your breathe if you are expecting Thanos as The Avengers 2 main villain, I don't think they aren't going for yet another alien invasion kind of deal. The menace this time I believe that comes from within, Ultron and Vision, making the film more personal. I can see GotG having Annihillus as the main villain and with Thanos orchestrating things in both films though, I feel that they will be saving Thanos for the third film.

I find it funny that druv criticizes Loki for lacking the physical component and then goes onto say that's why he doesn't beat Joker and Magneto. Um say what? Those were even less physical villains than Loki!

Getting bitch slapped by Hulk, kind cheapened him to me.

I actually think that in Avengers 2, he might only have like a shadow presence in the film, but never appearing on screen, before making his big reveal in Avengers 3.

Exactly. I'm betting on Ultron and Vision for The Avengers 2.

NOOOO........ I can't wait that long!

How much were people really badmouthing Hulk stills for the Avengers?

Here? I wasn't around. But online there was a LOT of hate towards Hulk. It just stopped once the movie was out. And if you haven't notice, once the movie was released,a lot of that criticism has subdued, I was caught off guard with how bad ass he looks in film. I'm actually truly glad that they didn't show much of him in the first two trailers - the only thing besides the 4 min preview I had seen before watching the film - it made the experience of seeing him in the big screen enjoyable as fuck. I was actually scared from him.Which remembers me, I fucking NEED a 3D TV. Is there a truly good one? Never heated great things about them, is it as good as the 3D seen in IMAX screens, for example? I find it TASM 3D immersive as fuck, I still have to understand if it's because of the film or because of the IMAX screen, but I'll find out next week.

Here? I wasn't around. But online there was a LOT of hate towards Hulk. It just stopped once the movie was out. And if you haven't notice, once the movie was released,a lot of that criticism has subdued, I was caught off guard with how bad ass he looks in film. I'm actually truly glad that they didn't show much of him in the first two trailers - the only thing besides the 4 min preview I had seen before watching the film - it made the experience of seeing him in the big screen enjoyable as fuck. I was actually scared from him.

Which remembers me, I fucking NEED a 3D TV. Is there a truly good one? Never heated great things about them, is it as good as the 3D seen in IMAX screens, for example? I find it TASM 3D immersive as fuck, I still have to understand if it's because of the film or because of the IMAX screen, but I'll find out next week.

Criticism started to die down after the final trailer two months prior to release which featured the Hulk a bit more prominently, including the shot him catching a falling Iron Man. Then Hulk garnered more hype with this image released with a month left to go:

Posted Image

This got a good deal of positive feedback with people commenting on how they've incorporated Ruffalo's facial features into this particular interpretation.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

Criticism started to die down after the final trailer two months prior to release which featured the Hulk a bit more prominently, including the shot him catching a falling Iron Man. Then Hulk garnered more hype with this image released with a month left to go:

Posted Image

This got a good deal of positive feedback with people commenting on how they've incorporated Ruffalo's facial features into this particular interpretation.

They incorporated Bana's and I think even Norton's looks into the creature's design as well, but unlike Ruffalo they didn't look like the Hulk. :lol:

Posted Image

Agreed. But the thing is, I feel that seeing all the juicy bits of the Lizard in film and not in trailers made for a far more satisfying experience for me than say seeing the Hulk saving Iron Man within the trailer, I was blown away by Lizard justly because besides the stills and a few glimpses and close up stills, I hadn't seen anything else. So I'm glad that the marketing kept most of the Lizard stuff for the film.

I can't take the fight sequences out of my head, especially the High School fight, one of the most anthologic moments in comic book film history. When people talk about Stan Lee cameos one day when he is gone building other universes out there, THAT scene should be the poster boy of all Stan Lee cameos. Simply INSANE.

Moral of the story: Trailers and marketing for ALL films SUCK, just stay clean of them.

Edited by iJackSparrow

no way this is happening, this guy HAS to be a plant. I mean no one can be this naive and non-human. I remember Kal in BOM days, he had 2-3 gripes. this is beyond whacko, this is Dayyyummmmm whacko

Edited by Hasan Ahmad
  • Like 1