Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

So we're looking at 3-5M OW?

We can assume that MOS will sell at least 609k tickets (Superman Returns OW), that would be more than 4.8m, TF3 sold 622k tickets and made 5.2m for example. Keep in mind that this number is the low end for blockbusters in 3D.

No way.

10M OW means 35M+ total

So too much? Got a little excited  :P I just checked, IM3 opened to 11.7M so I guess 10M for Supes is asking too much. 7M-8M sounds  more reasonable and doable? Or what should we expect then?

So too much? Got a little excited  :P I just checked, IM3 opened to 11.7M so I guess 10M for Supes is asking too much. 7M-8M sounds  more reasonable and doable? Or what should we expect then?

I think 6-7M

• Like 1

600M as of Thu

Grosses left:

25M from DOM

20M japan

25M brazil

25-30M other markets.

Still has a shot at 700M WW.

And that's it.

It will be a crawl to 700M WW unless Japan and Brazil exploded. I hope it get there. But I predicted 690M WW in BSG; so if it stalled at 690M, I would not mind  :lol:  :P

I think 6-7M

That would be solid for it. I just thought that since Cap opened to 6.8M in Brazil, MOS should do better. 

It will be a crawl to 700M WW unless Japan and Brazil exploded. I hope it get there. But I predicted 690M WW in BSG; so if it stalled at 690M, I would not mind  :lol:  :P

That would be solid for it. I just thought that since Cap opened to 6.8M in Brazil, MOS should do better. 

Haha, I predict 605M.

I really don't want it make more than 705. :P

• Like 1

4.5-6m sounds a lot more reasonable  ;)

Edited by Goffe

4.5-6m sounds a lot more reasonable  ;)

Boo  :P I want higher  :)

Oh, btw, Goffe, gotta ask since you know how the Brazil market is. How's the legs for movies over there? What genres of movies are popular? Thanks  :)

Boo  :P I want higher  :)

Oh, btw, Goffe, gotta ask since you know how the Brazil market is. How's the legs for movies over there? What genres of movies are popular? Thanks  :)

Ice Age and Twilight movies have exellent numbers here (they are ours +400 million movie). The new big thing is TA, affected IM (and hopefully Cap and Thor) big time, for example IM3 more than doubled IM2 in tickets

Legs are generally good, it's very rare a multiplier less than 3.5 (Rango and GL) and more than 8 (TA and Avatar), typical blockbuster multI is between 4 and 5, between 5.5 and 8 for animated movies.

• Like 3

Ice Age and Twilight movies have exellent numbers here (they are ours +400 million movie). The new big thing is TA, affected IM (and hopefully Cap and Thor) big time, for example IM3 more than doubled IM2 in tickets. Legs are generally good, it's very rare a multiplier less than 3.5 (Rango and GL) and more than 8 (TA and Avatar), typical blockbuster multI is between 4 and 5, between 5.5 and 8 for animated movies.

Thanks for the very detailed answer :) So if MOS opened to 6M+, 20M+ is assured. One more question: How are the ticket prices over there? Are they relatively reasonable? Cause I know that in some countries, ticket prices are pretty high and watching movies in theaters is a luxury.

Ice Age and Twilight movies have exellent numbers here (they are ours +400 million movie). The new big thing is TA, affected IM (and hopefully Cap and Thor) big time, for example IM3 more than doubled IM2 in tickets

Legs are generally good, it's very rare a multiplier less than 3.5 (Rango and GL) and more than 8 (TA and Avatar), typical blockbuster multI is between 4 and 5, between 5.5 and 8 for animated movies.

This so-called TA effect will be immune to CA & THOR2 I think...

Do you honestly believe TDW will net $800M WW, let alone $1B...?

This so-called TA effect will be immune to CA & THOR2 I think...

Do you honestly believe TDW will net $800M WW, let alone $1B...?

I said "hopefully" for lack of a better word, my english is not good.

I don't even believe in 700m WW bud  ;) and you're right that TA effect will not greatly affect Cap and Thor.

Edited by Goffe