Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

OK, hope your wrong, but there are still other territorries to excel in for MOS to get to 850 to 1billion plus. I would

love to see this upset IM3 ;).. Still  feel confident that MOS isnt done by a long shot in the BO war.

It should be massive in China and UK and Japan I think

Kal while I like your eternal optimism I think you need to start exercising abit of pragmatism, like Sam said 22mill in SK sounds very reasonable and I don't want to bring your hopes crashing down but 1 billion is out of the question (always has been), you have to remember that this is a reboot and while I have to say that MOS so far has exceeded all my expectations and then some we can't get TOO MUCH ahead of ourselves, just remember that doubling SR's OS take would be a HUGE victory for the franchise.

Reboots (even the universally acclaimed ones) usually start off abit slow out of the gate, yet this reboot (despite it's mixed reception) has gone off ground running (or leaping or flying or what ever term you'd wanna use).

Edited by messipotamia

How does that compare to other recent superhero movies?

The Dark Knight Rises 424.000 entrées
The Avengers 302.730 entrées

Batman Begins 111.820 (774 salles)
The Dark Knight 253.858 (820 salles).
  • Like 1

It's not under-performing. MOS is a reboot, people shouldn't expect too much. In most countries, it looks to be on par with other reboots or franchise starters.

It's not under-performing. MOS is a reboot, people shouldn't expect too much. In most countries, it looks to be on par with other reboots or franchise starters.

Less than IM3/Avengers = underperforming

...to some people.

But this movie doesn't need 800 m OS to be considered a success. In fact, half that amount should be considered a success for MOS.

• Like 2