Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Man Of Steel was on course to cross $100m on Thursday [20] and stood at $99m by the end of Wednesday after one week in release through Warner Bros Pictures International.

The Superman reboot arrives in a further 26 markets this weekend including China, Russia, France, Germany, Italy and Spain and few will be surprised if it gets close to the $200m mark by Sunday.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/box-office/man-of-steel-eyes-200m-mark/5057613.article?blocktitle=Latest-News&contentID=1846

Man Of Steel was on course to cross $100m on Thursday [20] and stood at $99m by the end of Wednesday after one week in release through Warner Bros Pictures International. The Superman reboot arrives in a further 26 markets this weekend including China, Russia, France, Germany, Italy and Spain and few will be surprised if it gets close to the $200m mark by Sunday. http://www.screendaily.com/news/box-office/man-of-steel-eyes-200m-mark/5057613.article?blocktitle=Latest-News&contentID=1846

So about $25.7M Monday-Wednesday. Pretty good Edited by Sam

Sam do think MOS will cross 300 million OS overall? I would love for this film to make 600 mill+

300M is 100% done. It'll be close to 200M after this weekend. I honestly cannot see 500M OS yet. But IMO, 400M is kinda locked , and very strong chance for 450M+

With 300M Domestic minimum, you'll be looking at 700M WW. Depends on how high the Dom number goes, and how good the holds are in OS markets, I think 800M is definitely on the cards.

300M is 100% done. It'll be close to 200M after this weekend. I honestly cannot see 500M OS yet. But IMO, 400M is kinda locked , and very strong chance for 450M+

With 300M Domestic minimum, you'll be looking at 700M WW. Depends on how high the Dom number goes, and how good the holds are in OS markets, I think 800M is definitely on the cards.

Hope you're right bud. btw good luck for exams (you said those were coming soon).

• Like 2

Hope you're right bud. btw good luck for exams (you said those were coming soon).

Of course I am right  :P It'll be great when MOS pass a certain milestone and I see you celebrate. Promise me you'll go crazy  :D  :P

Thanks for the good wishes, I'll do my best  :)

• Like 2

Thanks Sam... I think we will make the 800+M WW mark too.. Glad we are all believers :)...And good luck too with

your exams Sam buddy. I know you will do well in them..  :P to 500+M OS and beyond.

• Like 1

How we looking  Germany max wise only 12 :(.. I hope we can get more. France I love that number!

I'm not sure about Germany. Maybe someone can chime in.

If MOS get the high end of the number Olive posted, 4mil OW, applying IM3's legs, that would mean 11M total. I go for higher since it's in summer and say 12M+, don't know whether that's generous or lowballing.

According to Deadline, MOS grossed 19.7M on Friday in 52 markets

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-speeds-to-345-6m-worldwide-box-office-in-first-9-days/

New OS cume is 135.6M. With the reported 99M as of Wed earlier. That means about 16.9M Thursday. Some markets count Thursday gross towards the weekend.

With 19.7M Friday, I guess around 80M for 3-day 2nd weekend?

Edited by Sam

As always, these numbers is fucked:

The Superman reboot is a super-hit internationally. Warner Bros’ Man Of Steelco-financed by Legendary Pictures pulled in strong numbers on Friday, grossing $19.7M from 52 markets now in release. This brings overseas cume to date to $135.6M. With a domestic cume reaching $210M as of Friday, that makes for a worldwide total of $345.6M in just 9 days of release. Last weekend, Man Of Steel ranked #1 everywhere with a gross of $71.6M from 24 overseas markets in release and a speeding worldwide cume of $196.7M in its first 4 days. The Christopher Nolan-Zack Snyder-David S. Goyer-Henry Cavill pic has 27 more markets opening this weekend, including the major countries France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia and China. Asia has been very strong so China opened as expected Thursday with Superman taking almost 80% marketshare. The preliminary gross was $5,886,285 for 899,027 admissions on approximately 5,500 digital 3D screens and 109 Imax Screens and 22 ‘China Giant Screen’ screens. This is the 2nd highest opening day for Warner Brothers in China, behind only the final Harry Potter film. The estimated Friday figure for China is another outstanding $5.9M with a 2-day total now of $11.7M. In other markets, Spain grosses $1.5M (almost as much as Iron Man 3, Russia came in with a new cume of $3.15M, France placed #1 with a new cume of $4.2M, Germany also ranked a strong #1 with a new fresh of $1.9M, and Italy continues to rank #1 with a new cume of $1.1M. Australia opens on June 27, Brazil July 12, and Japan August 30.
Edited by firedeep