Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

thx

if it ends some mil lower than that its not a failure imoPosted Image

It can not be a failure. Spider-man is way more popular in Germany than Superman (according to box office):

Spider-man 1: 11 OW / 30.5 Total

Spider-man 2: 12.4 OW / 24.3 Total

Spider-man 3: 8.3 OW / 29.5 Total

Man Of Steel comes from 1.9 OW / 3.7 Total of Superman Returns. I think they are not comparable.

^ yeah thats what i thought

esp comparing to the numbers here where Mos earned half of TASM

thats truly disappointing number (still excellent compared to SR 1+m :D  )

Edited by Leyla

MOS would do $15M thereabouts which is low for a heavily marketed

action movie. Is more warmly welcome in France.

In France, it was 16,88% above Superman Returns attendance 3 days ago. That means lukewarm reception, not bad but not stellar either. In my Facebook feed, there's only one person who found it very good, the rest didn't feel the need to share their excitement because they midly enjoyed it nor fondly recommend it.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

In France, it was 16,88% above Superman Returns attendance 3 days ago. That means lukewarm reception, not bad but not stellar either. In my Facebook, there's only one person who found it very good, the rest didn't feel the need to share their excitement because they midly enjoyed it nor fondly recommend it.

What total do you think it's heading for in France, dash? $25M? $30M?

Are we looking at a 50M WW weekend?Next weekend, MoS will open in Brazil?

Assuming about 12-13 DOM, you're expecting 37-38 OS? That's too high. It made 83M for the last full week, so a 37-38 OS weekend means less than 50% drop from last weekend, no way IMO.

I'd say it's heading toward 20M-25M at this pace. (it dropped 60,5% the week after the release's week)

Thanks. Wait, 60.5%? I thought it hold well? The France thread title said so, and wasn't there a festival that help BO?

In France, it was 16,88% above Superman Returns attendance 3 days ago. That means lukewarm reception, not bad but not stellar either. In my Facebook feed, there's only one person who found it very good, the rest didn't feel the need to share their excitement because they midly enjoyed it nor fondly recommend it.

hmm so France wom is average too...?

Edited by Leyla

Thanks. Wait, 60.5%? I thought it hold well? The France thread title said so, and wasn't there a festival that help BO?

Sorry I mistook weekends drops and week drops, my bad.  ^_^  Then I did my own calculation from week 1 to week 2 based on attendance, MoS dropped 33,8%+. Yeah, La Fête Du Cinéma helped to boost its attendance.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Sorry I mistook weekends drops and week drops, my bad. ^_^ Then I did my own calculation from week 1 to week 2 based on attendance, MoS dropped 33,8%+. Yeah, La Fête Du Cinéma helped to boost its attendance.

Lol, okay, thanks. If the weekend drop is only 33.8%, isn't a 60% drop week-to-week still pretty harsh? I still hope it can go for 25M+ though.

No, weekends drops is 60%. Week-to-week drop is 33,8%. ;)

Gotcha. So, La Fete Du Cinema, is it still going on? I wish we have something like that in the US. You must have watched quite a lot of movies during that time. Edited by Sam

Gotcha.So, La Fete Du Cinema, is it still going on? I wish we have something like that in the US. You must have watched quite a lot of movies during that time.

It took place from 30th june to 3rd of july included. It usually was for a weekend friday included, then it got extended to 4 days some years ago. While I was a teenager I used to see a lot of movies during that event (3 per day) before France change its money for euros, it was cheaper back then.

• Like 1