CJohn

Iron Man 3 OS thread ($803,300,000)

Yeah, SK had Labor Day holiday on May 1st like other countries, but they also have a national holiday called Children's Day too. I don't remember what date it falls in though

Then it could happen again :)

He coaxed my original prediction out of me. My current is $700m. And damn, this board moves fast.

Many of us has hired monkeys to do typing for us..My monkeys are working 10 threads at the time :)

Then it could happen again :)

Just found that SK children day is May 5th, so that should helpOne more thing, I also found that Mexico had Children's Day too, and it's on April 30th, along with the Labor Day on May 1st, that means IM3 will have two weekdays holiday boost over there next week :D
  • Like 1

Why 3.36x for TA:TA opened in 70% (per studio report, never know how they calculated this) of its OS potential with 185M. That would translate into 264M if opened with 100% OS potential. With 888M OS total on BOM, there you get the 3.36x legs.Not accurate seems at all. But neither the calculation on IM3. It is just a rough demonstration. You can add its OWs in markets left if you want: 185M + China 18.5m + Japan 6.5m + Russia 15M + the small ones $5M = 230M+ OS opening. There you get 3.86x legs for TA.But remember it was two days OW from China. Had it adjusted to 5 days like IM3 will have, it would be about $34M. And maybe much more than $5M from axtra small markets, say $10M. So more like 251M/888M and 3.53x.

Anyway it is just rough calculations. And TA and IM3 didnt always open the same day in the same markets.

Edited by firedeep

Well..... in the markets that are opening this week, Avengers opened with ~190M and finished with 670M.IM2 opened with ~83M and finished with 240M.For IM3, I expect 160M opening and 475-500M finish right now.

Well..... in the markets that are opening this week, Avengers opened with ~190M and finished with 670M.IM2 opened with ~83M and finished with 240M.For IM3, I expect 160M opening and 475-500M finish right now.

Less than 500M OS???? No way :o

Or more.

Low: China 70 + Japan 30 + Russia 40

Low: China 90 + Japan 35 + Russia 45

=140~170

+470~500 current = 610~670 OS

Edit: cant forget Germany.

Actually $40m in Russia is pretty optimistic :P $35m would be great already!

‘Iron Man 3′ International Total Now Hot $36.5M

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/iron-man-3-opens-big-internationally-13-2m/

The film has opened up bigger than The Avengers in several markets, including Korea, Argentina, Hong Kong, Philippines, Taiwan and Indonesia.

Argentina and Indonesia above TA as well, wonderful B) It's promising for the rest of Asia and Latin America :D