CJohn

The Hangover Part III OS thread

This is having a decent run internationally, isn't it?

Outside of UK and Australia, it is huge. I am shocked it is doing so well over here. It is beating the shit out of Fast 6 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

3 mln $ in 2 days (+120% over TH2, however it had wed-thur while TH3 had thur-fri), it's really doing a lot of business in Italy. Didn't expect such a breakout after FF6 success.

It's without any doubt going do outgross TH2 5days Opening today. 

Edited by Filmovie

Today is one of the biggest days ever in the portuguese box office. The Hangover 3 has a uncountable number of sold out shows, Fast 6 is doing major business and Epic is already sold out ALL DAY in most theaters (and it is only 1:20 PM here!). Fucking insane day. I have to assume box office will die until November after this.

• Like 2

Seriously WTF!!! Just arrived from this. There were 4 screens all full. Huge lines. I was 15 minutes just to buy a fucking popcorn package. The Hangover destroyed everything. Both shows sold out. Epic sold out 3 hours before the start of the 9 PM show!!! Fast 6 also sold out. And when I left there were huge lines for the midnight shows. The Hangover was already sold out. Jesus christ. One of the top 10 biggest days of all-time at the portuguese box office for sure. Fast 6 is already the biggest movie of the year. The Hangover will be the 2nd biggest by next Sunday. Impressive how mighty Iron Man 3 means nothing over here. Completely annihilated. Fast 6 passed his total in a miserable 4 days. The Hangover will pass his total by Friday next weekend (passed his OW on Friday). 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Seriously WTF!!! Just arrived from this. There were 4 screens all full. Huge lines. I was 15 minutes just to buy a fucking popcorn package. The Hangover destroyed everything. Both shows sold out. Epic sold out 3 hours before the start of the 9 PM show!!! Fast 6 also sold out. And when I left there were huge lines for the midnight shows. The Hangover was already sold out. Jesus christ. One of the top 10 biggest days of all-time at the portuguese box office for sure. Fast 6 is already the biggest movie of the year. The Hangover will be the 2nd biggest by next Sunday. Impressive how mighty Iron Man 3 means nothing over here. Completely annihilated. Fast 6 passed his total in a miserable 4 days. The Hangover will pass his total by Friday next weekend (passed his OW on Friday). 

South European/Mediterranean people are not like Americans or English-speaking countries where comic books figure a lot in youth culture. The only fanboys or fan-men there are the soccer fans ...People love social comedies there. Look at INTOUCHABLES, that movie is a monster.