CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Well I wouldn't be tracking numbers for a movie I was rooting against more of a general reaction like "Oh that new Transformers movie just made $1Billion, that kind of sucks". But again to each his own, and I had appreciated your input on these Frozen threads, I just happen to personally care more about the movie itself than the results (not that I'm not loving this phenomenal run).

peace. Let it beat IM3. Which I also didnt watch but i l tracked it.
  • Like 1

Yeah, what Rysu said :) It was a little peculiar to me that someone would invest so much time in something they weren't really connected to although hearing your explanation now makes a lot of sense too. But yeah no maliciousness was intended just a curious inquiry, and sorry about your work, I imagine letting people go is never a fun way to spend a day

Obviously I "got it" after listening to what you said otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Following box office runs for the pure love of numbers isn't common, most people are fans of the movies they track closely. Seriously no one's out to get you or anything, so relax :)

you knew the wrath was coming. You said it on monday. miami for 4 days will get me to chill or maybe I can get into shouting match w a Cuban. They love to scream :)

Yeah, what Rysu said :) It was a little peculiar to me that someone would invest so much time in something they weren't really connected to although hearing your explanation now makes a lot of sense too. But yeah no maliciousness was intended just a curious inquiry, and sorry about your work, I imagine letting people go is never a fun way to spend a day

TY. apologies.I know a few traders that track but not fans or forum types. Trader thing maybe. Numbers. And were all class A assholes at times. Nature of the biz. Everyone here knows what avatar made. One of us can tell you what an eddie Murphy bomb made in the 90s.Rsyu, im a trader, someone is always out to get me. Dog eat dog.

TY. apologies.I know a few traders that track but not fans or forum types. Trader thing maybe. Numbers. And were all class A assholes at times. Nature of the biz. Everyone here knows what avatar made. One of us can tell you what an eddie Murphy bomb made in the 90s.Rsyu, im a trader, someone is always out to get me. Dog eat dog.

Not on this forum :) we're all bound together by the phenomenon that is frozen
  • Like 2

The only thing that might be a bit strange when using your prediction as fixed point and base the percentages on that is, that it heavily favors overprediction... please correct me if i am wrong, but according to that method a $200M prediction for frozens DOM would be worse than say predicting one trillion dollars since that wont be 100% off?

Yup! This is what I meant about using prediction as fixed point. It doesn't make sense. The best way to compare different predictions for the same object is using the difference in dollar. Percentages (with actual values as the bases) are used the best when you're comparing predictions for different objects. For example,

Movie A made 100m, you predicted 50m. You're 50% off.

Movie B made 400m, you predicted 350m. You're 12.5% off.

The 2nd one is obviously the better prediction even though the difference in dollar is the same as the 1st one. This method is the simplest one, and it's very logical. But of course, you can use different methods depends on your purposes (like the rules for BOM derby).

Catlover, your a mathematician? After seeing todays hold, gun to your head , what's the final tally? Dont worry about going over and being disappointed cuz omni will pull the trigger if your not closest and that would be more disappointing. :)

Well, until last weekend, Frozen was on course to more than 200M. But that's ignoring post-SB drop and competitions. This week changes its course in a big way. I predict it's gonna be around 90M after this weekend. With that number, it's now on course to around 150M. With singalong and just so Frozen beats Avatar in Yen, I'll say 156M.

Btw, I think you need to maybe chill a little bit. You know, before you insult people who disagree with you. This is not Wall Street. :P

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

Well, until last weekend, Frozen was on course to more than 200M. But that's ignoring post-SB drop and competitions. This week changes its course in a big way. I predict it's gonna be around 90M after this weekend. With that number, it's now on course to around 150M. With singalong and just so Frozen beats Avatar in Yen, I'll say 156M.Btw, I think you need to maybe chill a little bit. You know, before you insult people who disagree with you. This is not Wall Street. :P

156m? it'll get there. I am chill, until someone lights my fuse again :)

I knooow! We didn't have dubbed version of Frozen so Disney didn't make Indonesian version of Let It Go. :(

We also didn't get sing along version. Lucky I got to watch the sing along version in Melbourne.

But to be fair, if Disney released a dubbed version, I don't think it would be popular in Indonesia.

We also didn't get sing along version. Lucky I got to watch the sing along version in Melbourne.

But to be fair, if Disney released a dubbed version, I don't think it would be popular in Indonesia.

You're right, a dubbed version of Frozen would be weird. We're not used to have dubbed versions for any kind of movies, especially for theatrical releases. We do have them for TV broadcasts though.

Btw, there are Javanese and Sundanese versions of Let It Go on the internet. They're pretty funny, especially if you understand those languages. :lol:

Edited by catlover

You're right, a dubbed version of Frozen would be weird. We're not used to have dubbed versions for any kind of movies, especially for theatrical releases. We do have them for TV broadcasts though.

Btw, there are Javanese and Sundanese versions of Let It Go on the internet. They're pretty funny, especially if you understand those languages. :lol:

I once watched a dubbed version of Beauty & the Beast on RCTI. I couldn't finish it, the singing really threw me off. So I guess we have to wait until Frozen airs on TV for Indonesian version of Let It Go.