CJohn

Frozen OS thread

DM2          3,386,836    23,984,758

Ponyo       9,667,033    164,565,997

Cloudy 2   138,004    1,009,051

Any older and it gets a bit hard to find Japan OW on boxoffice mojo

I see the movies in Japan commonly have insane legs! :o

I see the movies in Japan commonly have insane legs! :o

Yeah like I said before, Japan is a very leggy market. They look insane, but those multipliers are common there. That's why Frozen doesn't need a big OW to get a big total. But of course, the bigger its OW, the better.

Edited by catlover

I think a 10x multiplier is locked for Frozen considering how legs are d'habitude its strong point and its has a couple of holidays helping it. Heck, even a 15x isn't out of question.

I'd like to point out that people are all excited for a possible 1B 3-day opening, with 0.3B coming from Friday, apparently - but a number like that would mean an OW of 7M, very close to Doraemon's. So the delirium of a hard-boiled pessimist has quickly become a wonderful number. ;)

Also, I predict that South Korea will happen again - at some point people will start overprojecting it considerably, throwing numbers well above its actual final gross.

• Like 1

I think a 10x multiplier is locked for Frozen considering how legs are d'habitude its strong point and its has a couple of holidays helping it. Heck, even a 15x isn't out of question.

I'd like to point out that people are all excited for a possible 1B 3-day opening, with 0.3B coming from Friday, apparently - but a number like that would mean an OW of 7M, very close to Doraemon's. So the delirium of a hard-boiled pessimist has quickly become a wonderful number. ;)

Also, I predict that South Korea will happen again - at some point people will start overprojecting it considerably, throwing numbers well above its actual final gross.

1B 3 day opening Spirited Away is going down :P

is safe (if screendaily says the truth) another 5M WW in weekdays = 1,015 b$ before japan start

1,015 b$ + another about 10m$ in other location at the end of the run =  about 1,025 b$

then it take only about 40/45m$ in japan to reach top ten WW