Shawn Robbins

NOTICE: Please refrain from making threads (closed; see Totem's topic pinned to this forum)

• Founder / Operator

Please be aware: we're trying to keep the content of this forum relevant and timely. Since we already have discussion threads in the main BO forum that can include general worldwide discussion in addition to everything else, we ask that you please not make a thread in this board for a movie that is more than three months away from release.

This may be a temporary ruling that could be expanded later, but for now we've gotten some negative feedback about all of the threads being opened up today. The staff and I will discuss further options.

Thank you. ;)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

I was following this rule!!! In March we already had threads for Hobbit and most of the late Summer releases (June-August)!And today it was created a Man of Steel thread! That is why I am other members started to create another threads!

• Founder / Operator

Yes, they can be re-opened if they're linked in the archives. ;)I'll bump the window up to the 3 months. That's a full season ahead -- plenty of time. Plus, we've already gotten several complaints about the litany of new topics this morning.

Edited by ShawnMR

So uh, actual main threads can't be made until 3 months before release but clubs can be made 6 months? That makes no sense :/. I think the problem is that there were too many threads created today all at once. IMO having OS threads early ahead of time could open up discussion about release dates and promotion in other countries that could (and likely would) get lost in the main threads.

Good idea, 3 months pre-release is just fine!The 50+ new topics today was a mess, glad they are gone.(Though maybe earlier than 3 months for big films, TDKR and Hobbit for example, so they can be discussed when first trailer releases).

Edited by JCS

• Founder / Operator

They can't be re-opened. They were deleted.... :(I putted all my threads in the archives...

They're not deleted, they're just hidden from public view. :)

Good idea, 3 months pre-release is just fine!The 50+ new topics today was a mess, glad they are gone.(Though maybe earlier than 3 months for big films, TDKR and Hobbit for example, so they can be discussed when first trailer releases).

We can make exceptions for big movies.Regarding the six month rule, I completely forgot that was in effect in this forum already. We'll work it out.
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I definitely appreciate the effort, CJohn. We just want to keep things as tidy as possible, plus that's a *lot* of threads for one person to maintain.Regarding tentpoles: we'll still allow those 6 months out. Things like Hobbit, Skyfall, etc. I'll open those back up right now.

• Like 1