CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

33 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Tofu doesn't really taste like much of anything on its own. It all comes down to whatever sauce/curry/marinade you cooked it in.

I made a tofu & lentil curry last week. It's been awesome going through it. So good.

I'm out of naan, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So 60 M is possible?

Well....it only needs to open $20M+ OD or higher to get there.....but it's possible.

I mean.....if the critically panned Jonathan Liebesman's TMNT (2014) could open higher than $60M OW.....so can a more well-recieved movie like this too.

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well....it only needs to open $20M+ OD or higher to get there.....but it's possible.

I mean.....if the critically panned Jonathan Liebesman's TMNT (2014) could open higher than $60M OW.....so can a more well-recieved movie like this too.

KFP II was well-received too. And we all know what happened. I think this will open better though. 60 M is possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

KFP II was well-received too. And we all know what happened. I think this will open better though. 60 M is possible.

Yeah....KFP2 deserved much better than what it ended with. :( Unfortunately, Zach Galifianakis & Co. was what stopped Panda 2 to open at least $50M+.

But this third one will do better this time.

20 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

If it followed The Lego Movie's trajectory it would only need a $15m Friday to hit $60m.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah....KFP2 deserved much better than what it ended with. :( Unfortunately, Zach Galifianakis & Co. was what stopped Panda 2 to open at least $50M+.

But this third one will do better this time.

KFP2 deserved much better I agree (especially after watching it again). But Hangover 2 didn't hurt it. Almost no audience overlap there, and adults (sans kids) who would go to both make up like 3 or 4% at most.

Bland marketing was what hurt it.

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

KFP2 deserved much better I agree (especially after watching it again). But Hangover 2 didn't hurt it. Almost no audience overlap there, and adults (sans kids) who would go to both make up like 3 or 4% at most.

Bland marketing was what hurt it.

Yeah....the marketing for Panda 2 felt like it was a more darker and not so colorful version of the first one.....and that kinda hurt that movie's DOM gross. But it worked quality-wise for the movie.

This one's marketing is actually treating this as more of a lighter, colorful...and people like that more. More kiddie-pleasing than Panda 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I think the villain in KFP II didn't excite kids that much. I liked him though.

Oh, you're not alone though....i really thought the villain in Panda 2, was a great, interesting & threatening villain. And it's a peacock named "Lord Shen" voiced by Gary Oldman, of all people. :)

How DW makes a peacock so menacing in that movie.....i have no idea...and they pulled it off.

• Like 1

Assuming KFP3 has an OD of $17m; using the IMs of other animated movies in Winter/Spring would give:

The Lego Movie (4.04x) - $68.7m

The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (3.71x) - $63.1m

Peabody & Sherman (4.02x) - $68.3m

Home (3.32x) - $56.4m

The Croods (3.75x) - $63.7m

The Lorax (4.00x) - $68.1m

The first two Kung Fu Pandas aren't comparable since they were summer releases.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Remember when F4 was outpacing Rogue Nation? :lol:

Every time we get one of those reports, it actually confirms the movie will open with less than the ones it is actually outpacing in pre-sales :rofl:

• Like 1